• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Austin's quest

Geezer

Landlubber
I got a problem with the Austin's quest line

After i talked to 1 killer on the street and he asked me to see him in dungeon ( I choose St John for 1st place ). Before midnight (around 11:xx) I got into dungeon and searched for him thousands time but none there. I remembered the room where i saw him in COAS but in COF he was not there

Anyone got the same prob ?

Thx in advance

This post would be better placed in the bug reporting forum, but I'll allow it to remain here.

Geezer had posted here but I guess he felt ignored so he started a new thread in hope to gain more attention. But listen to Officerpuppy please. ;)

I don't know austin's quest but is that the one where a random dude in a town talks to you and say you should meet him in the dungeon at midnight... if so I never meet him there either eventhough I'm right on time. If it's not that quest then I don't know.

cheers
Joe

...I don't know austin's quest but is that the one where a random dude in a town talks to you and say you should meet him in the dungeon at midnight... if so I never meet him there either eventhough I'm right on time. If it's not that quest then I don't know....
The dialogue in the quest is inaccurate (not only in the Austin quest... xD: ).
Indeed, you must follow the killer before the nightfall, not at midnight: practically, at once.
This is in six cities: St. Johns, Marigot, Forte de France, S. Catalina, Panama, Cartagena; after the sixth, you have to go in the Pearl's village of S. Juan del Norte, and kill Austin.
If you miss an appointment, the quest fails.
Attention: in the third meeting, not have to follow the guy, but only listen. He speaks like a fool, but mention Austin.
The order of meetings depends on when you visit the cities.
Meetings should take place during the daylight (08.00 - 21.00 approximately).
The quest is stupid, but in the end get a "Haudegen", the best medium sword.

...I don't know austin's quest but is that the one where a random dude in a town talks to you and say you should meet him in the dungeon at midnight... if so I never meet him there either eventhough I'm right on time. If it's not that quest then I don't know....
The dialogue in the quest is inaccurate (not only in the Austin quest... xD: ).
Indeed, you must follow the killer before the nightfall, not at midnight: practically, at once.
This is in six cities: St. Johns, Marigot, Forte de France, S. Catalina, Panama, Cartagena; after the sixth, you have to go in the Pearl's village of S. Juan del Norte, and kill Austin.
If you miss an appointment, the quest fails.
Attention: in the third meeting, not have to follow the guy, but only listen. He speaks like a fool, but mention Austin.
The order of meetings depends on when you visit the cities.
Meetings should take place during the daylight (08.00 - 21.00 approximately).
The quest is stupid, but in the end get a "Haudegen", the best medium sword.

Oh thank you very much dude, I tried to see him between 8:00 - 21:00 and he was there. :>
Now i can finish it and get damn Haudegen sword

Thx again :X

Geezer had posted here but I guess he felt ignored so he started a new thread in hope to gain more attention. But listen to Officerpuppy please. ;)

I don't know austin's quest but is that the one where a random dude in a town talks to you and say you should meet him in the dungeon at midnight... if so I never meet him there either eventhough I'm right on time. If it's not that quest then I don't know.

cheers
Joe

Ye that's exactly the quest of random dude on the street :D
Thx for ur advice, :D i found him lol ...

...The quest is stupid, but in the end get a "Haudegen", the best medium sword.

I always get a Katana, I have not even come close to see a Haudegen sword or are they the same thing...
if not any other way of getting it, for the Capt. of the BlueBird also dropps a Katana about 50% of the time, if one fights him with a Spanish Rapier, hence I have 3-4 Katanas but no Haudegen.

...The quest is stupid, but in the end get a "Haudegen", the best medium sword.

I always get a Katana, I have not even come close to see a Haudegen sword or are they the same thing...
if not any other way of getting it, for the Capt. of the BlueBird also dropps a Katana about 50% of the time, if one fights him with a Spanish Rapier, hence I have 3-4 Katanas but no Haudegen.
:yes "Haudegen" is "Katana".

Back