• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

HELP CANT GET PAST LOADING SCREEN

Nigel_of_Ires

Landlubber
Okay. I installed the game right off of the disc.
I havent tried to install any builds or mods.
I run the game.
The menu is alot more bland then I remember it being, its all just solid blue and gray and meh
anyways then I click new game. It goes to a loading screen and just stays there forever.
Any suggestion!?

Edit: I have the same issue when I install Build 12 over it, except with Build 12 installed, the main menu screen appears completely gray with buttons. If I click the Build 12 Info button nothing happens. If I try to start a new game I get stuck at the loading screen.

im having the same problem and it just started for me yesterday, your best bet it to beep trying with different character models until it works, you will just have to buy the character model you wanted from the tailor when it shows up

<!--quoteo(post=155510:date=Jul 28 2006, 12:37 AM:name=Vengeance)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vengeance @ Jul 28 2006, 12:37 AM) [snapback]155510[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
im having the same problem and it just started for me yesterday, your best bet it to beep trying with different character models until it works, you will just have to buy the character model you wanted from the tailor when it shows up
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It cant be that because I havent even been able to start the game even once, so it cant be a result of something ive done in game likegoing to the tailor!

no!!!! i mean..... Arrrrggggg......
do you have pre build 13?
if you do when you start a new game you get to chose which character model you want like depp or blaze....
keep choseing one of them until it works, if the one that worked isnt the character model you wanted to play the game with, then you will have to find the one you wanted too from the tailor and if you are talking about like you double click on the icon from you desktop and it goes to a loading screen after that and thats it i dont know what to tell you..

<!--quoteo(post=155525:date=Jul 28 2006, 02:12 AM:name=Vengeance)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vengeance @ Jul 28 2006, 02:12 AM) [snapback]155525[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
no!!!! i mean..... Arrrrggggg......
do you have pre build 13?
if you do when you start a new game you get to chose which character model you want like depp or blaze....
keep choseing one of them until it works, if the one that worked isnt the character model you wanted to play the game with, then you will have to find the one you wanted too from the tailor and if you are talking about like you double click on the icon from you desktop and it goes to a loading screen after that and thats it i dont know what to tell you..

This is what happens.
I double click, I get the small screen that loads the storm engine,
then I get the full screen loading screen.
Then I get the main menu.
The menu is all gray with buttons.
I click new game...
then i get sent to a loading screen where I get stuck.
And I have Build V12.1 or whatever

Are you using The System Requirements for the game which are :

Pentium III 800Mhz or greater
GeForce2 level graphics card
128 MB RAM; recommended 256 MB
Windows 98\2000\XP

Sounds like it <u>may</u> be a Graphics Card issue.

<!--quoteo(post=155540:date=Jul 28 2006, 04:45 AM:name=SuoiveD)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SuoiveD @ Jul 28 2006, 04:45 AM) [snapback]155540[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Are you using The System Requirements for the game which are :

Pentium III 800Mhz or greater
GeForce2 level graphics card
128 MB RAM; recommended 256 MB
Windows 98\2000\XP

Sounds like it <u>may</u> be a Graphics Card issue.
I have 512 MB RAM
My graphics card is a 64 MB VIA/S3G Integrated Graphics card
and my processor is AMD Athlon XP Processor
OS is Windows XP

Back