• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Cant Pay Salaries and I have 1.3 million

drshew1

Landlubber
When the monthly wages comes due it wont let me pay the crew and i have 1.3 million bucks, what is going on?

Can anyone help me with this?

You have the money on your person and not in a bank, ship's chest, or held by an officer? If you have it on you, sounds like a bug. Sometimes reloading the game will fix stuff like that.

MK

On top of what modernknight said, if you are playing GOF 1.1.x you need to have money deposited in the moneylenders to pay mooring fees and some other services found only in GOF 1.1.2.

Cheers.
buho (A).

You have the money on your person and not in a bank, ship's chest, or held by an officer? If you have it on you, sounds like a bug. Sometimes reloading the game will fix stuff like that.

MK

ya all the money was on me, i tried putting 500000 in the bank and then i could pay my wages

thanks for the tips and i am playing the latest ver of GOF

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of that change in the mod. It's not like we had an electronic banking system in place back in good ole 1665 that would auto pay your crew and bills, even when you're clear over on the other side of the Carribean from the bank.

This to me is one of those convenience things a player was annoyed about and so wanted it to be automatic. We could make fighting and boarding automatic too I guess. Games like that exist like Medeival Total War where you can play the battle yourself or let the game auto play and instantly reveal the results of the battle. That's cheating to me. I always play every battle.

I can see it now...your crew is grumbling to you about pay and you're 1500 miles away from the bank on the main, and you say, "Don't worry Mates, the money is in your bank accounts. When we get back to "CITY-X" your pay is waiting for you there. Check your IPODs and Crackberries and you will see it's there." LOL :woot

What's even worse is this. "Mates, I've got your pay in this chest right here me hearties!" Your first mate replies, "No Captain, That's not acceptable. We've checked our accounts back in Port Royale and it isn't in the bank. We won't continue to work the capstan or rig until you have it wired by carrier pidgeon to the bank in Port Royale. :rolleyes:

I pay for most stuff in cash still now in RL, and I still like paying for stuff in my game the same way too.

MK

It is not that way. It is not "your crew and bills". And it is not electronic either.

1) The crew salaries are paid with your pocket money. Only if you have not the money JIT you are working some agreement with your crew.

2) The land services fees are paid thru the moneylenders network. How you are going to pay dockyard fees with your pocket money when you are in the middle of the seas?

3) Letters of credits where invented before 1500. The moneylenders are asking you for an extra fee to keep your letters of credit flowing from the point were you have your money to the point(s) were you are paying the bill(s).

NOTE: Banking started in Florence or Venetia, if memory serves, probably in 1300 and something. Not totally sure, though.

Cheers.
buho (A).

It is not that way. It is not "your crew and bills". And it is not electronic either.

1) The crew salaries are paid with your pocket money. Only if you have not the money JIT you are working some agreement with your crew.

2) The land services fees are paid thru the moneylenders network. How you are going to pay dockyard fees with your pocket money when you are in the middle of the seas?

3) Letters of credits where invented before 1500. The moneylenders are asking you for an extra fee to keep your letters of credit flowing from the point were you have your money to the point(s) were you are paying the bill(s).

NOTE: Banking started in Florence or Venetia, if memory serves, probably in 1300 and something. Not totally sure, though.

Cheers.
buho (A).

But i couldnt even pay the crew out of my pocket. But having cash in the bank allowed me to pay the wages of my crew, it was alittle odd to say the least. But its all figured out and so far I am really enjoying the GOF mod which makes this game sooo much better.

But i couldnt even pay the crew out of my pocket. But having cash in the bank allowed me to pay the wages of my crew, it was alittle odd to say the least. But its all figured out and so far I am really enjoying the GOF mod which makes this game sooo much better.

Yes. If you can't pay all the bills the game don't let you pay nothing.

It is a "known issue". Gotta change it in 1.1.3.

Cheers.
buho (A).

Back