• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Card games

Adamski62

HoO Team Member
3D Artist
Animator
Storm Modder
Storm Modeller
Hi,

Could anybody explain the maths in this card game....totting up defies logic :shrug

Corsairs3_0011.jpg

How the hell does my opponents cards add up to 20?

damski.

I never played cards or dice that much to really notice mate, although judging by your screen shot, there is definitely a problem with the calculations. I am not really much of a coder myself, so I can't really be of much help. :shrug

Hi,

Could anybody explain the maths in this card game....totting up defies logic :shrug

[attachment=5216:Corsairs3_0011.jpg]

How the hell does my opponents cards add up to 20?

damski.

hehehe, king counts as 4...queen 3 and jack 2

and in that hand you got 10, 6 and K :)

The king counts as a 4. Your oponent had a 10, 6, 4. That's 20.
Shuld ask to read the rules of the game before playing harhar!

I prefer the dice game myself, i win 70% of the time. I'm actually ashamed to say thats how i got the majority of my starting money in the game.. i spent hours going to taverns playing dice because i diddn't want to go do anything else at the time and i ended up with quite allot of money from a tavern game!

Kings count as 4 :? ..English games count as 10..conflict of rules :shrug
Never mind ..cheers.
damski.

Yes and the ace counts as 1 or 11 in English game but this is a pirate game after all so they have there own rules or more to say your lucky they have rules. :razz

Ok can anyone help? I don't know if this one is a bug of the GOF mod or it already exists even in the vanilla game. I always spend my time playing cards and bones with the governor every time i make port ( big booty i guess hehe) and i found some weird problems with the calculating system for both card and bones games but I can only tell 'bout the card cuz i don't have any pix for the bones just yet. So i had two cards, 10 heart and 7 heart, and the governor had 9 club and 8 club. So basically we're even but as far as i know hearts are higher than clubs so how the hell did he win? I don't know, maybe you can tell me.
(Sorry i couldn't post any picture even though i got some cuz i really don't know where to upload attachments on this forum. I'd be really appreciated if someone here can tell me)
Thanks!

Ok can anyone help? I don't know if this one is a bug of the GOF mod or it already exists even in the vanilla game. I always spend my time playing cards and bones with the governor every time i make port ( big booty i guess hehe) and i found some weird problems with the calculating system for both card and bones games but I can only tell 'bout the card cuz i don't have any pix for the bones just yet. So i had two cards, 10 heart and 7 heart, and the governor had 9 club and 8 club. So basically we're even but as far as i know hearts are higher than clubs so how the hell did he win? I don't know, maybe you can tell me.
(Sorry i couldn't post any picture even though i got some cuz i really don't know where to upload attachments on this forum. I'd be really appreciated if someone here can tell me)
Thanks!

The trump does not matter. I had similar situation a few time. I think it depends who draws first.

The king counts as a 4. Your oponent had a 10, 6, 4. That's 20.
Shuld ask to read the rules of the game before playing harhar!

I prefer the dice game myself, i win 70% of the time. I'm actually ashamed to say thats how i got the majority of my starting money in the game.. i spent hours going to taverns playing dice because i diddn't want to go do anything else at the time and i ended up with quite allot of money from a tavern game!

I also did that in my first game, savescumming for starting money. But I can't recommend it, because if you savescum too much, the game won't allow you to play card and dice games anymore. I like this approach. Its similar to the steal system: If you load the game in a particular room, you can't steal in that room anymore, all chests will be empty.

I use to think that is Texas Hold'em All, but lost some dearly booty, so I never play it again. I think it is something like black jack or something, eh?! Not that sure :wp

The Card Game is basic Black Jack, save for the ace being counted as 11 or 1 in the latter.

Winning against the npc is so easy that no npc actually wants to play high stakes with me anymore. T.T Without save scum that is.

Back