• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Carried Goods and Cannons

Kergar

Landlubber
Hi everybody

I was messing around a bit with the game settings and i realized that i still have no idea about how to change the goods and the cannons carried by the ships in the random encounters. Where to set if a ship will have a hull full of a single good, one full of a variety of goods or an almost-empty hold, or if a ship Can be equipped with (exemple time!) 42 cal. cannons or not. Changing the Ship_init was, sadly, unuseful.

Ah, by the way, with the CMV 3.2 installed i tried to allow a ship to carry 48 cal guns (i'm not concerned about hystorical accuracy) but even if i changed therefShip.Cannon and the the refShip.MaxCaliber to 48, the ship keeps spawning with maxcaliber 36 and ....well, equipped 42. How can i fix it?

The maxcaliber, as i said, seems to do not affect the caliber of the guns of the ships in the encounters. They usually spawn with guns of an higher caliber then the one the ship is supposed to equip

The Arabella, but by now "Giving" the cannons it's not a priority. It's preventing that some ships with a certain maxcaliber starts spawning in the encounters with guns bigger than the MaxCaliber they are setted for. I Think the issue is related to the same file that regulate the random generation of the goods on board the ships. There should be a part that talks about the chance for the ship to spawn with "this gun" alredy equipped, if i don't get wrong all the logic of the files... Unfortunatly, i wasn't able to locate the file.

Ah, by the way, english is not my native language. Sorry about the errors.

Back