• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Character textures won't load on gm viewer

nixarass

Landlubber
When launching Gm viewer i can load ship models AND their textures, should they be from original game (CAOS) or from mods (new ships mmod) the textures appear correctly.

But when loading characters, textures won't load at all, original or mod files, no any character texture will appear.

As i saw from screenshots others make them appear so i guess i'm doing something wrong but cannot find what as ship textures appear correctly.

Textures are not corrupted as i verified by converting in tga and opening with gimp, the textures are fine. They just won't load in gm viewer.

Also trying to test things on game i replaced Espinosa Model and texture with another one, and when i launch the game, new model appears correctly but another time in grey, without texture.

As i see people talking about renaming textures with a hex editor, could someone please explain what exactly i need to do?

Thanks by advance.

Im guessing you have Vista?

Some computers (mainly vista) have trouble with just loading the textures of characters in GM viewer :(

To HEX-edit you need a HEX-editor and when changing the name of a texture it NEEDS to be the same length as original name :yes

Jup, same problem here. Vista is being a pain in the ass concerning the GM viewer. We don't know what to do about it :(

Hey dudes thanks for answers :onya
Yes! i use vista actually :shrug

So basically if i want a renamed texture to appear ingame i have to rename it by a hex editor?

Like "open texture with" my hex editor and then "save as" rename?

Also can you explain my what do you mean by being of the same length? for example my texture is "pira19.tga.tx" you mean it should have 6 characters name before tga.tx?

Regards

Yep.. you have to actually open the GM file (with a HEX-editor)

Find where it says pira19.tga and replace pira19 with a new six character word (that is the new texture name :yes

Back