• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] CoAS help

Xyrothryu

Landlubber
ok, i just got this game, and im quickly learning how little help they're is. I have most of the basics down, i just have questions, How do i use special attacks? in sword fighting, not just the one normal one, and special blocks as well?

And how do i zoom in with the spyglass on the ship?

I seem to have trouble firing the cannons on my ship unless i use tab (spyglass) and then click to shoot, and it shoots. Do i have to do something different to use it when in 3rd person view of the whole ship?

And i know fast speed can be used at 1x 2x, but in youtube videos i see it used as many other speeds like 5x and such, how do i change it?

And also, what mods should i have? I have read the patches are Russian but there are mods, its a totally stock copy atm, so what should i get?

And is there anything else i need to know? i know the very basics, as you can tell.

I imagine most of these answers are mixed in with other topics, i have been reading for a while and can't find these exact answers, so i figured i would just ask :)

ok, i just got this game, and im quickly learning how little help they're is. I have most of the basics down, i just have questions, How do i use special attacks? in sword fighting, not just the one normal one, and special blocks as well?

Space bar to block, left mouse to use normal attack, right mouse to use heavy attack, shift + left mouse for special attack and shift + right mouse for special block aka dodge.

And how do i zoom in with the spyglass on the ship?

By default i believe it is CTRL, i like to have zoom in as CTRL and zoom out as shift (you can set the key configurations in options).

I seem to have trouble firing the cannons on my ship unless i use tab (spyglass) and then click to shoot, and it shoots. Do i have to do something different to use it when in 3rd person view of the whole ship?

Aim your guns from the deck, you will see some kind of taget like thing on screen when that turns red you can fire your guns. You must wait then till the top right has filled back up which represents the guns reloading.

And i know fast speed can be used at 1x 2x, but in youtube videos i see it used as many other speeds like 5x and such, how do i change it?

On the num pad you the + and - key's to adjust the game speed from 2x to 6x in battles and 8x when not in battles. i think its 2.5x when on world map and in towns but could be wrong. I know its not much faster than the 2x speed though.

And also, what mods should i have? I have read the patches are Russian but there are mods, its a totally stock copy atm, so what should i get?

I would suggest playing the stock game for a whileand wait for GOF to be released which is a mod for the English version, if your is the Russian version then you will not be able to use our mod.

And is there anything else i need to know? i know the very basics, as you can tell.

1. When leaving money with a banker aka treasurer leave it in the captital towns like Port Royal for England as it can't be looted when the town is attacked.

2. Hire officer's, most important are. navigator, treasurer, gunner and a fighter or two. You can hire them in taverns.

3. Try not to overload your ship with crew, if the figures are in red it either means you do not have enough crew or have to many.

4. To get a letter of marque for a nation you can head to Bermuda (top left of the world map) and speak with the diplomate in the tavern who might sell you a letter of marque (you get to choose which nation you wish to have the letter of marque for). Note sometimes it can take a while before a diplomate will offer you letter of marque.

5. Try to keep your ship to the class you can sail, to check the class of ships out and at what skill each class requires press F2 and open the characters tab, right click on the navigation skill on the right side which will show you a run down of each skill level needed for each class. If sailing a ship higher than your skills allow then either higher a navigator with the navigation skills required for that class or put the ship in dry dock and purchase/capture yourself a new one that is not going to effect your skills.

6. Have fun and when GOF is released install it, you will be amazed at how much has changed.

Space bar to block, left mouse to use normal attack, right mouse to use heavy attack, shift + left mouse for special attack and shift + right mouse for special block aka dodge.

How do i do an overhead attack? that attacks through blocks? Iv managed to get all the others, but i can't figure out that one?

Back