• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] coas quest swimming help

liamvt

Landlubber
hi there i can't seem to get to the dinnifur (or something). i;'m at in coas and i am at the part when you have to swim in those weird waves.
i tried for hours but everytime i think i'm nearly there i discover that i'm at the wrong side of the city. :modding

can someone please finish this part for me or tell me of a cheat (noclip or something). cause i really can't do it.

im using gof 1.1 mod so if anyone with that mod would be willing to help me that would be great.
um i need to upload my save though but the site doesn't agree (Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file)
so if anyone can give me tips on how to do it myself or tells me how to upload the file that would be great too.

Wrong forum, this is for AoP, not CoAS. ;)

I'm not sure how to answer your first question, but in regards to your save file, try placing it in a .zip or .rar then try to upload it, I think it will work then.

Have a read through THIS post mate. It is tough as hell to finish this quest, but it is possible.

tnx for the support guys.
and sorry for the wrong forum thing.
anyway here is my save file it's just before you exit the tartarus.
http://uploading.com...ave%2Bgame.rar/

(it was too big for piratesahoy).

o and here's another one for if someone needs too check the layout of coas.

http://uploading.com...2Bsave%2B2.rar/

this is my first time uploading on that site so if something's wrong plz tell me.
i'm gonna try again for a while. wish me luck .

i've been messing with the cheat window and i've figured out that when you press f3 you save your cordinates. but when i tried to insert it in the command thinghy (the line with ok next to it right?) it doesn't work.

if anyone knows how to teleport too cordinates i might be able to spawn myself on the right spot for sea travel?

so guys is this possible? it might save me and everyone else that can't do it some time :yes.

moz-screenshot.png
um is it normal that i see other npcs swimming??? or could it be because i reload the cell (f25 in debug) sometimes? :shrug

Hello there,

I just came from doing that super swim my self, the thing is when you exit the ship Tartarus you have to turn your character right and "go" with the correnct and whaves.

In my experience "if" and thats a big if, you go with the whaves you eventually end up close to the Diffindur, the water correnct makes you swim somewhat a full circle from the Tartarus to the Diffindur.

Always try to keep your berings and keep site of the general orientation of the Diffindur, the ship can't be missed, its slitly apart from the rest of the city ships.

As for the frustation of the whaves you can't fight it, the correnct is to stronge, but the guys who wrote the code made it so that your character eventually gets close to the Diffindur.

Keep calm and you'll make it, good luck and hope this helped.:)

Navegador

Hello there,

I just came from doing that super swim my self, the thing is when you exit the ship Tartarus you have to turn your character right and "go" with the correnct and whaves.

In my experience "if" and thats a big if, you go with the whaves you eventually end up close to the Diffindur, the water correnct makes you swim somewhat a full circle from the Tartarus to the Diffindur.

Always try to keep your berings and keep site of the general orientation of the Diffindur, the ship can't be missed, its slitly apart from the rest of the city ships.

As for the frustation of the whaves you can't fight it, the correnct is to stronge, but the guys who wrote the code made it so that your character eventually gets close to the Diffindur.

Navegador
so i don't have to do a thing? just w8 till i'm there? i find that hard to believe because if i do so i end up at the other end of the map. so does the current eventually change direction? i've been trying to go against the current by "hugging" the masts and i made it to the smithy ship.
but no further. i'm just gonna try it but in my experience the big wave pushes me in the same direction each time.

anyway thanks for helping.

Hello there,

Navegador
so i don't have to do a thing? just w8 till i'm there? i find that hard to believe because if i do so i end up at the other end of the map. so does the current eventually change direction? i've been trying to go against the current by "hugging" the masts and i made it to the smithy ship.
but no further. i'm just gonna try it but in my experience the big wave pushes me in the same direction each time.

anyway thanks for helping.

w8 do you mean that i should swim with the current or just do nothing? so if a wave goes right should i move right or stay still and let the wave take me?

liamvt

After you exit the Tartarus there's 2 obvious things, the corrent takes you and you can't really fight it, although you can swim a bit against it, and the second thing the corrent takes you on a certain path, that goes from the Tartarus to the other side of the city, in the same direction as a clock would.

So you exit the Tartarus and you get kinda lost, all you have to do is keep your character orientated in the direction of the Diffindur, thats to the right of the Tartarus, and you have also to compensated with your swimming a bit for the drag of the waves and corrent.

I can't be 100% sure, but my feeling is that the corrent does take you eventually to the Diffindur, in the same direction as a working clock, thus you are takem from the Tartarus that stays to your right and you travel always to your left, and this way you reach the Diffindur.

I did it 3 times, it was confusing and frustating, but after a while I kinda felt the corrent and where it was taking me, I only swam to maintain a bering on the Diffindur and compensate for the waves, your character as to be always facing in the direction of the Diffindur and you only swim to maintain that orientation.
The corrent changes direction many times with differente intensities.

By geting to the smithy ship, your going against the clock direction, you have to go to your left, or better still you have to let your self go.

Also my english suckes and I apologize for the typos.

Good luck mate

liamvt

After you exit the Tartarus there's 2 obvious things, the corrent takes you and you can't really fight it, although you can swim a bit against it, and the second thing the corrent takes you on a certain path, that goes from the Tartarus to the other side of the city, in the same direction as a clock would.

So you exit the Tartarus and you get kinda lost, all you have to do is keep your character orientated in the direction of the Diffindur, thats to the right of the Tartarus, and you have also to compensated with your swimming a bit for the drag of the waves and corrent.

I can't be 100% sure, but my feeling is that the corrent does take you eventually to the Diffindur, in the same direction as a working clock, thus you are takem from the Tartarus that stays to your right and you travel always to your left, and this way you reach the Diffindur.

I did it 3 times, it was confusing and frustating, but after a while I kinda felt the corrent and where it was taking me, I only swam to maintain a bering on the Diffindur and compensate for the waves, your character as to be always facing in the direction of the Diffindur and you only swim to maintain that orientation.
The corrent changes direction many times with differente intensities.

By geting to the smithy ship, your going against the clock direction, you have to go to your left, or better still you have to let your self go.

Also my english suckes and I apologize for the typos.

Good luck mate

tnx again for all the help i followed your advice and i still can't do it. every time i go with the tide i end op at the rear of the saint augustine. and then the current changes and i'm going against the tide again. then it changes again and again and i stay near the rear of the augustine.

so the way i see it is that going right is against the tide and going left aswell. the only way can be right trough the city and thats hard because the tide always slams me near the augustine.

(every time i said augustine i wasn't sure it's a medium sized ship with walkways in the masts and a handcannon??? on one of them). anyway i''m gonna try again tomorrow but your clock theory doesn't seem to work for me. it's like its going from 1 to 10 o'clock and then back to 8 or something. and everytime i reach 9 im being pushed back again. :shrug

I also don't remember if its the augustine, but the ship you discribe was the admirals ship with all those masts with the walkways, so that means you're going in the clock direction and that ship with all the masts is probably 6 o'clock, your half way there, further you pass the st. Gabriel and your there.
The corrent did the same with me, I was even pulled out of the city and whent completly around all the ships until I got close to the Diffindur and the corrent did most of the pulling.

I guess it takes a bit of luck and patience, keep at it and you'll make it.

??????????? I was in the same mess as you, but what I did was swim always pointing to the diffindur but slightly off to the side, so your character will move over the deck of the tartarus, that way the when the waves come they just throw you against rigging or a mast and you can not be pushed behind them. Do this and then swim through the masts and rigging of the esmerelda, then the san augustine, and then swim across open water to the diffindur, the mast you need is the one farthest away. I have only done COAS twice but both time that worked for me.

I DID iT!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :dance

tnx guys. i combined your tips and let the current take me but after a while i was still near the eva. i just swam right trough the city from there while "hugging" some masts and somhow i made it. :keith

anyway thanks alot for your support. otherwise i wouldn't have made it. :bow

tnx guys. i combined your tips and let the current take me but after a while i was still near the eva. i just swam right trough the city from there while "hugging" some masts and somhow i made it. :keith

Good on you mate :onya

Job well done! Have fun with the dog of war corvette I have found it to be the best ship in the game after some fixing in bermuda!

Back