• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Couple of questions about everything

Torres

Landlubber
Well mates, the more I play this game the more I love it. And specially the mod, great fuc*ing work guys ! :b:

Well so...

1) Is it possible to sail faster on the global map even when my ship is fast enough on the tactical screen? ( it is all about the wind in the compass? )

2) Money, OH MY GOD !! how come I go with 2 indiamen ships full of goods to sell in the black market and no single soldier or ship chases me? is it because of LUCK?

3) I have a Heavy Battle Frigate level 3, but in addition I have other ships which I can improve with better cannons, why I cant improve that specific ship? is it capped? it was improved when I took it?

4) Just wondering, how long it takes to you to find any of those guys that you are supposed to chase? why are they all in FRIGATES? is it happening to me the event of NOT FINDING any of them?

5) Other than customizing sails, may I paint or add a different color/urs to my ship's structure?

Thanks in advance.

Glad your enjoying the game!

1.Use the plus or minus keys (I think its those) they will accelerate time by x2. It helps speed things up a bit, especially if you're sailing against the wind.

2.The only time you run the risk of battle when smuggling is when you're at the island and making the deal. Otherwise you just need to avoid pirates while on the world map.

4.Just play the game and do other things, you'll run into them on the world map when you least expect it. You'll know its the ship your looking for by the color of their sails.

5.Not in game, you'd have to edit the texture outside the game then port it over into the game.

Thanks Officerpuppy, I knew the x1 x2 x3 time thing. I was just annoyed by the fact of sailing at high speeds on sail mode and being not so fast at the world map (it should have a logical explanation, like the distance etc...)

Otherwise thanks 4 the support about finding those pirate frigates, right now I'm like Boba Fett I am bounty-hunting like 20 frigates and GODDDDDDAAAMMMN (sorry) I can't even find a single one, not even by following the instructions of the officers in the land ports and/or following their routes or waiting outside ports.

Thanks anyways.

PS.- is there any kind of multiplayer masive game of this kind? lately all that goes out in the market are COD's and related

There is a pirate MMO called Pirates of the Burning Seas which is FTP, but I've read mostly poor things about it. It looks cool, but it might disappoint you.

Back