• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help [HELP] Enchanted City quest

Zanizaila

Landlubber
Yes, there is the beginning with the "werewolf", I've done it all a dozen times... but I never get any farther than that!

I go to the beach I'm supposed to, and there's a guy who kills me straight away, I could just as well have been unarmed.

The game won't let me bring my fighter/s, and I AM quite experienced, I've been playing for two years and can easily kill a group of 4-5 on my own.
What is the rank needed to have a chance of beating this guy?

And other things, slightly off topic - once, I almost finished the "kill the beggars-quest" (I think) - I found Oliver Trust in Marigot, and he tried to kill me in his office, and succeeded... once again, I have no bloody chance.

The same goes for the Isabella-quest - I only get to the part when Atilla tells me to go some place, and there is a seabattle there, which I don't have a smidgen of a chance to win, even though I've won over ships greater than mine before...

It's no fun when every quest I try, end abruptly because I can't go on despite my best efforts. The only way left then for me to gain in rank (if that's the problem...) is to sail around aimlessly, trade and fight, and that gets boring with time...

Well, the obvious question: what difficulty level are playing? I'm playing the easiest and I don't have the issues you describe.

However, I also trained up my fighting skills early, which probably helps too. I recommend going (by land, from a shore where you can safely moor) to the fort of a hostile nation and then using your pistol to draw a few soldiers, run around the side of the building and kill them. You can find a couple of spots along the wall where you can cause a bottleneck and only fight 1 at a time. Rinse and repeat until you've leveled your fighting skills a good bit. Also, hit the F12 key ever so often to keep an eye on the enemies health and level - when they start getting too tough, leave and do something else for a day or two before returning and fighting more.

This should also give you some personal points you can put towards fighting perks. This helps a ton. I recommend basic defense, advanced defense and elite fencing first - those will help reduce the damage you take considerably.

Thanks for the tip. I have the lowest difficulty level too, though...

I managed to kill Oliver Trust now (it was after all a very long time since I last tried, since I haven't had access to the game for ~9 months, hadn't done that quest for a long time and have a new player now), and found my way to the City of Abandoned Ships. I'll leave that for another time though, I like the Caribbean too much and want my other quests done.

I have a sloop and a lugger with a total of ~120 men, and will have to keep recruiting and buying myself a third, much larger ship, then I'll see if I can get somewhere with the Isabella-quest...

Sell your lugger and keep the sloop, then capture a schooner, then capture a brig, the capture a brigantine, then capture a corvette, and you have it going nicely for you. After you do the intro to the werewolf quest, you have to go to maracaibo or whatever town is near the beach you have to go to. Talk to the tavern owner. then go to the beach. If you cant beat the guy then just run around shooting him once in a while with your pistol, but I think he has one to so don't hold that as a good idea. If you go to the beach at night he isn't there, so try then too. Then at night go into the house with the skeleton wearing a nice hat and talk to him and accept his quest, then go to St.John's and talk to Elizbeth Sheppard in the big redneck house on the outskirts of town then do the tenochtitlan quest. Make sure you have the text bug fixed before you begin it though.

If you are having trouble with swordfighting people with lots of health than I guarantee you you will hate the Lost Ships City. Check my other postings for my one about swordfighting tips, they work for me, I tried and was successful at killing Michantuictl or whatever the tenochtitlan dudes with 2000 health's name is with only a cerber and no cuirass. it all depends on how you block.

Back