• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help [HELP] End of COAS quest

mrfy

Landlubber
Hello I would appreciate if someone could tell me how to do the last mission when you swim in the ocean and all the large waves are carrying you like a ragdoll. Please help!!

Aye mate, this is the toughest part of the game by far, and it is quite annoying! It took me several tries to finally get past it. You have to know your bearings before you jump in the water and you will have to have a little bit of luck as well, it seems impossible, but it is doable. There is some pretty good advice in the Walkthrough thread pinned at the top of this forum.

My favourite thing to do is to swim through the rigging and masts of all the ships, that way when a wave comes to knock you back you just get pushed against the masts and ropes and don't get thrown to China. :cheers

I've done it twice now, the 1st time was pure hell, nothing seemed to work until I read a post that said to just not fight it. Basically, just keep your character pointed in the general direction of the diffindur and speed up the game and let it ride. Eventually you'll wind up close to the diffindur, slow the game back to normal and just wait until the exit icon pops up, hit spacebar and voila! you're out - may take 10-15 mins.

The 2nd time I did it, I got lucky I guess, I made it to it in under 2 minutes, I really don't know how - I didn't do anything different - I kept it pointed at the diffindur and somehow swam straight to it. I guess luck has a role in it. :)

hehe thank you friends but i already did it. I have disabled the big storm in reaction_functions so the dog of war is mine:) but i forgot to backup the original file so another problem:)) .Does anyone know where can i get the original reaction_functions file?

On Windows 7 that storm always causes your game to crash! The solution is modifying the reactions_functions file in order to disable that storm. Can someone please tell me how to do it? I had such a modifyed file, but lost it :urgh

Back