• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] English Quest Line

Milkes

Landlubber
Hello Guys.
I need advise. Id like to start the English Quest line. I already have a privateer patent, but when I asked governor-general for a job for licensed corsar he refuse with comment like that I have a good relations with brotherhood of coast and it is a conflict of interest... So my question is how to make this relations worse to get a job and proceed this quest

Hello Guys.
I need advise. Id like to start the English Quest line. I already have a privateer patent, but when I asked governor-general for a job for licensed corsar he refuse with comment like that I have a good relations with brotherhood of coast and it is a conflict of interest... So my question is how to make this relations worse to get a job and proceed this quest

Its not that you're in good with the Brethren of the Coast necessarily, it just means that you've taken ships without a patent (from whatever nation - doesn't matter which) and your rep isn't good/ or perfect with the English

You need Hero status and "Admiration" with the English. Take the church missions and the little local governor missions and you will get your rep up. There is a cheat actually if you take the mission from the church purging the denizens of the local dungeon. When you go back to get "credit" for the mission, it will often allow you to keep repeating the same message "Father the caves are clear" or something to that effect. Each time you repeat, your rep goes up.

Once your rep is up for England, I think you will get the questline. I have been told by some folks that if you've done a governor's quest for another nation with the same character, often you cannot get one for another. It's not consistent though because I have got governor quests from the Dutch after I've completed the English questline. I just haven't done that with any other nation combinations. So I don't know for sure.

Did you start out as English?

MK

Yes I started as English... I will raise my reputation I think Im trusted sailor right now. Lets have some church mission. If I will finish with England Is it possible to make pirate quest line after?

Yes I started as English... I will raise my reputation I think Im trusted sailor right now. Lets have some church mission. If I will finish with England Is it possible to make pirate quest line after?

AS far as I know, Yes.

MK

Something wrong. I raised my reputation as hero and relation with England to Admiration but the govrnor - general did not allow me to go trought. So should I sell my flotila ships as well?

AS far as I know, Yes.

MK

Something wrong. I raised my reputation as hero and relation with England to Admiration but the governor - general did not allow me to go trought. Then I sell all my ships and buy a Sloop in Shipyard but nothing change still conflict of interest

I think you have already spoken with Goodley in Puerto Principe, and because of this you is already committed with the Brethren of the Coast in the Pirate's quest-line.
Look at the log book.
If so, you need to do first the pirate's quest-line (to the quest of Linney); after, you go to Modyford for the english quest-line.

Back