• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Final touch in Austin quest and the "looting question"

TheExploited

Landlubber
Hey fellow skippers!

First of all, I have a problem with the Austin quest. I did everything as I was supposed! Killed first guy in Marigot, second in St. John, talked to the third guy in Fort-de-France, killed fourth guy Cartagena, then killed 2 guys in Panama and Santa Catalina. Didn't tell anyone I know about them! Last guy I killed told me I can find Austin in Pearl Divers village (at this point I got my first log book entry)! I went through all the trouble of actually buying Spanish pirating licence, because as soon as I would come in front of the Pearl divers village, the sentry would raise alarm and everyone would runaway (now I have problem with French cause of the licence, they are attacking me on every point. I am playing as merchant Ian Stance of Holland)! So finally, after all the trouble, I come to Austin, have a chit-chat with him, and kill him without problems, BUT I DON'T GET ANY REWARD!!! Not a penny, not a single sword, nothing! The quest moves from the open quests to completed quests in my log book, but I don't get any announcement of log book entries like I usually do? What is happening and why? I read that all the other players get good money and the best medium weapon!

I also got an idea from the forum that you can loot the guys you kill! Again, I am playing with merchant Ian Stance of Holland and I was never able or had the option of looting guys I have killed. I can loot chests and closets, but not men! So the question is, is it possible to loot the guys you killed and take away their belongings, and if the answer is yes, is it possible to do it with Ian Stance?

Back