• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Fixing Trade ?

surg23

Landlubber

Hi all,

After a long absence, i am about to make a comeback tour of COAS, but this time around i would like to try and fix how Trade works before i start a new game. It has always bothered me how lucrative Trade runs are, the profits are just way too much for my liking. I love Role playing as a Sea-Trader, but in COAS the whole process is effortless and usually harms the longevity of my game.

In short, i want to trade, but i wish it was much harder to turn a profit. I was thinking of playing GOF with the realistic weight system because it effects trading, but i don't much like the idea of loosing cargo space if that is what the description is trying to imply.

Any thoughts on a mod or Tweak i could use to achieve this ?

Hi, how about a mod that includes a tax. Every time u sell stuff and u get more than 10.000 piasters u have to pay 20% sales tax.
This way u lover ur profit and get more realism.

Hi, how about a mod that includes a tax. Every time u sell stuff and u get more than 10.000 piasters u have to pay 20% sales tax.
This way u lover ur profit and get more realism.

Hey,

Yeah, that is a superb idea. Thought maybe the sales tax should be Dependant on your trade skill, by default the tax is 50% ?

I am not too keen on this idea. No trader would ever go into a port and sell his goods if they charge him a 50% tax. Especially if it is at 50% in the beginning, when you need money the most and then drops as your trade skill gets higher when you don't need money as badly. Traders would just sail around the other side of the island and deal with smugglers instead of willfully submitting to a ridiculous 50% tax.

if you think you make too much money trading... then just drop 50% of the gold you make into a random chest instead of wasting your time making a mod that does the same thing.

Back