• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Getting licence

gazda

Landlubber
i like this game alot, but its really rough on the edges with all its bugs. I found this forum totaly randomly and im really glad i found it, helps alot to overcome games bugs and difficultys, anyway here is my question/problem

I have played thi game for a while now and done alot of freight voyages for the storekeepers, got myself a nice corvette, filled in officers spot, saved up a few gold and now i decided i want to take a nations questline. I decided i wanna go english, so i started. I've done quest for lots of english town governers, Ive done the find the spy, smugglers, bandits outside of town, locate the pirate ship, and even completed the quest where you have to sneak into the enemy town and fo to person x who gives you soemthing you have to give back to governor, but my reputetion with england is still netural and governor doesnt give me that licence i need to do english questline. where is the problem? do i need to do all the quest from here
https://sites.google.com/site/skodacoas/home/random-quests/governors-quests (im missing only defend city and lost ring quest)
or is it the problem that im sailing under a french flag, if the problem is that im not siling under an English flag, will the problem be fixed immidetly after i seitch to english flag or will i have to do these quest for english governers again but under a english flag now ?

I am not sure if your flag is causing the problem. It is possible.

But there is another way to get a countries patent so that you can start the national quest line.

Go and talk to a diplomat ( you can find them in the taverns in Pirate Settlements ) they will sell you a patent - costs a bit of gold. Then you can go to the governor ( you know that you need to talk to the governor- general for the country you want to work for - not the ordinary town governor - for England it is - Thomas Modyford in Port Royal ).

You need to make quests for one town governor. Your reputation is with him. Making quests for more than one with not help toward getting the patent.

You need to make like ten quests (take o give a few) and they are random, it doesn't matter if you made or made not this or that particular quest. You can reject quests too (the infiltration ones are sadistic) without a hit in your actual reputation (to the best of my knowledge). Usually he have new quests every two or three days (take o give a few again).

At some point your governor friend will tell you to go to the Governer General, who will give you the patent and starts the national questline.

Cheers.
buho (A).

NOTE: Agreed, the game needs a lot of love. That is what we modders are here. ;)

You just need to raise your reputation to "admiration" (i believe that's what it's called) with the nation. Either by doing missions for governor (that takes quite a while), priest (I'm sure about killing the undead, don't know about night-guard job) or port controller (not sure if all the missions improve your rep, but i'm positive about returning the ship log).

Oh, and lost ring appears randomly when you start talking with the governor, not when you ask him about the missions.

thanks for the help, another minor question, when you have reputation netural with faction, after you do tasks for it does it go directly netural->admiration or are there any sub stages like netural->frendly->cooperative>admiration etc

thanks for the help, another minor question, when you have reputation netural with faction, after you do tasks for it does it go directly netural->admiration or are there any sub stages like netural->frendly->cooperative>admiration etc

As per the sources:

string = NationRel_1, "Hostile"
string = NationRel_2, "Neutral"
string = NationRel_3, "Good"
string = NationRel_4, "Excellent"
string = NationRel_5, "Admiration"
string = NationRel_6, "Excellent"

Two different "Excellent"... Ay!

Cheers.
buho (A).

Ha ha ha, two "excellent." Can you fix that Buho for 1.2? Perhaps you can change #6 to something else.

Yes, I can fix it.

What we want there: "Supreme"? "National Hero"? "National Legend"? "Idolatry"? "John Lennon" ;) ?

Cheers.
buho (A).

Back