• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Hiring officers in the taverns

Agamemnon74

Powder Monkey
Hello

I'm at level 38 , City of abandoned ships, original game. Can someone help with some info as to whats happening in the taverns when I try to hire an officer ? Sometimes it's straight forward, and other times I am unable to hire anyone. At the moment there are 3 officers available for hire, when I try to do so I get a dialogue: 'Have you changed your mind ?'
options being: How will you be in action ?
I've got a full crew.
If I select How will you be in action? I can click on the officer's profile etc but am unable to hire, why does this happen ?

Any help would be appreciated. :urgh

Never played vainilla, only GOF, but I don't think GOF changed that.

"How will be you in action" (or kinda) is used to check the NPC skills and alignment. Use it every time. Be carefull with the alignment, it is very important.

After closing the officer skills screen you talk with him again and there will be some dialog line making you able to hire him. BTW, it is not the "'Have you changed your mind..." one?

Cheers.
buho (A).

Hey.

The point would to be your charachter authority. You have a certain limit of officers you can hire depending on your authority. If your authority don't supports more officers you wil not to be able to hire anymoore at tavern. You will have to fire som of your officers in order to hire new ones.

It is 2 * Authority = Max Officers.

But I think he is seeing the options for hiring... may be I'm wrong, I hired my last officer long time ago.

Cheers.
buho (A).

Never played vainilla, only GOF, but I don't think GOF changed that.

"How will be you in action" (or kinda) is used to check the NPC skills and alignment. Use it every time. Be carefull with the alignment, it is very important.

After closing the officer skills screen you talk with him again and there will be some dialog line making you able to hire him. BTW, it is not the "'Have you changed your mind..." one?

Cheers.
buho (A).

Thanks for the help, I have tried repeated attempts at opening dialogue again but no luck, I didn't realise there may be a limit to how many I can hire ( I have about 5 at the moment, just wanting to add some fighters to my crew )

BTW how high does the rank level go ? will it reach 100 ? ( currently at 38)

Thanks ;)

Back