• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help [HELP] How do i make officers to use better weapons?

mastrovara

Landlubber
How can i make my officers use the weapons i want?

In vanilla age of pirates i could do this by giving them a better weapon. Now this doesn't work anymore. Is there another way to do this?

Your officers will use the best weapon paired with their best skills. I believe weight has some bearing in the decision as well. For instance if I have an officer with better stats on heavy than medium, and he has the boarding axe which is much better damage-wise than his good medium sword, he will often continue to use the sword, because it's so much lighter. I haven't found the logic string for this in the code yet, but have observed it many times, so I'm assuming.

Unfortunately and stupidly the Character/Items interface will not allow you to remove weapons from your characters. You have to physically stand in front of the character you want to change weapons on. You open the trade items option that pops up, and you simply take the weapon you don't want them to have and give them the weapon you want them to have.

*Note: I've experienced some problems when attempting to do this in the officer's boardroom. Some characters will accept items and some will not. You can make the secondary characters a fighter temporarily and then remove the undesired weapon and give the desired weapon.

This is a pain in the butt I know, but alas.... In most respects I find the COAS GUI superior to POTC, but in this area, POTC does it much better with a simple drop down list and the option "I want to give you some weapons". When we finally start merging COAS mods and POTC mods together, I hope we can have the POTC capability here - as well as the option to take crew members along or recruit them on the spot which is a really neat feature I wish they had in COAS.

MK

Yeah thanks man!

If you add weapons to companion's items, they will pick up the BEST WEAPON of their BEST SKILLED type!

That worked! Thanks again!

Back