• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] How to trade with officers

reder

Landlubber
Btw this game ui is quite messy .. i just realised how to put officer to a job :D now i need to share my EQ with my fighters.. how to do that? when on land i talk to them .. and there is only 3 options : a) order:stay/follow b) you re fired c) back there ils no 'trade' command

NWM fixed

Btw this game ui is quite messy .. i just realised how to put officer to a job :D now i need to share my EQ with my fighters.. how to do that? when on land i talk to them .. and there is only 3 options : a) order:stay/follow b) you re fired c) back there ils no 'trade' command

NWM fixed

It took me a while to figure that out myself.
Just press Enter when you're facing the character you want to trade with, and then just choose the trade option.

It would've been easier if they just allow all crew members in your ship access to the shops.
And better yet, include a menu similar to how you trade items in-between your ships, that would appear when you 2xclick
the character you want to trade items with in the character tab.

Also, the inability to choose what your officers should equip is annoying.
Since sometimes I want a character to use heavy weapons but they don't equip it
even if I gave them skillbooks that made their heavy weapon skill higher than their current skill.

Heck, even the inability to strafe unless you're moving forward is kinda awkward.
But despite all of these design oversights, It's still pretty obvious that this game is an unpolished gem
with a very active modding community. It really reminds me a lot like Mount&Blade actually..

I also like Freelancer.. but then I guess I'm digressing again.. I'll go stop now..

I also like Freelancer.. but then I guess I'm digressing again.. I'll go stop now..

Ahhh, FL is the bomb-diggidie, I still play it on the Underverse RP Server (have been playing it since it came out coming on 10 years now.
It is a gem, much like this game but a whole different animal indeed. :onya

Back on topic, the officers will surrender their eqipment after you are a higher Lvl. than they are. Once you clean them out, you can give them any equipment you wish. Hope this helps.

Back