• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help [HELP] Is it possible on GOF mod to change player boarder models?

Andouce

Sailor Apprentice
Storm Modder
Hello everyone,

I am new to the fourms however i have been using it for some time now and never came round to making an account so here i am. Anyway i have an enquiry. I play both AOP COAS and POTC. I use the GOF (Excellent job btw) for my COAS and Build 14 for POTC. Both are very pleasing mods and i am glad they exist.

My question is, is it possible to change the player's boarder models and if so how can i go about doing so?
I noticed in the build mod you can change from various models such as soldier, marine etc (nice feature). But i am pretty new to GOF and i find changing options on COAS more difficult than on POTC in General. I have noticed that they are obviously 2 different mods so coding will be different but i just wondered if there was a way to change the models via an option, like in the build mod ( pchar.boardingmodels = "ENGLAND";) or (boarder model = "soldier" (of that current nation) ).

I pretty much ,mabey in the future GOF development, this could be implemented by adding an option to change the model. If your playing the role of a naval officer in Britain for example it'd be nice to have soldiers as boarders mixed in with a few officers fighting instead of just ordinary sailors but ofc both were historical in a sense.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Its okay. I managed to just edit player boarder models from the nations.init text file to british one's. So now i am happy as a captain who has a ship full of gold :)

Back