• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] killing unique captains in GOFv1.1

Vidar

Landlubber
So I was gonna go like pokemon on their arses and catch em all, when suddenly this unique recruitable captain appeared
in the captain's cabin of the enemy ship I was plundering and I was forced to kill her.

So the question is: does she miraculously spawn somewhere else out of Davy Jones' locker or will she go sleeping with the fishes?

Also, why is the wind always trying to go against you? Is this really "random" or is this part of the many cynical ways that the developers
enjoy raeping you through their noodle-like code? I'm starting to think I'm a masochist or something for still enjoying this game.. lol..

Now if only someone would go make an unholy union between AOP and mount&blade so I can go pillage on boats and conquer land on horseback
and I'd be a really happy camper.

"Now if only someone would go make an unholy union between AOP and mount&blade so I can go pillage on boats and conquer land on horseback
and I'd be a really happy camper. "

I agree brother!!! Unholy indeed, but O so beefy, chewy, chrunchy, gamey, and immersey! :woot

Now the ultimate I always thought would be the scalability to go up and play at strategic level like the Total War series, have the economical aspects of the 1503, 1404, The Guild, Patrician, and Age of Empires games, coupled with the RPG aspects of our beloved spagetti COAS as well as games like Eldar Scrolls/Morrowind with the party command and collection aspects of Mount and Blade. Unholy and Heavenly at the same time. My chocolate and peanut butter combined with icecream, caramel and vermouth.

Am I asking too much???......I don't think so. :sail

MK

@ modernknight1 "Now the ultimate I always thought would be the scalability to go up and play at strategic level like the Total War series, have the economical aspects of the 1503, 1404, The Guild, Patrician, and Age of Empires games, coupled with the RPG aspects of our beloved spagetti COAS as well as games like Eldar Scrolls/Morrowind with the party command and collection aspects of Mount and Blade. Unholy and Heavenly at the same time. My chocolate and peanut butter combined with icecream, caramel and vermouth."

And the rum. lol.. You forgot about the rum.

As for scalability, I think the game Sins of the Solar Empire handled that quite nicely with their insane amount of zoom-in/zoom-out capability with their LODs. I imagine the overhead map scaling like that would be awesome, with time only proceeding when you move your character or press the space button. While you can send out commands to your other armies in camp mode like in M&B.

The world map is divided into regions (With each region acting like a planetary system in Sins of the Solar Empire). And each region can only have a limited number of settlements competing for resources. You can start your own settlement when you gather enough materials and followers.

Settlements slowly grow and evolve in time from small villages to an entire city (it will use the appropriate icon on world map and load you to the appropriate instance when you enter) and you can manage them like Age of Empires.

During battle mode, zooming-out allows you to play the game RTS style like Total War. You can set their platoon formations, change their tactics, and give out commands. Zooming-in allows you to play it in action mode. Units will follow the tactics you chose during RTS mode and stick to the formations that you set them in while you go around hacking things like mount&blade when you're in action mode.

And then go explore cities and dungeons the way you explore Elder Scrolls with several companions following you around like in COAS-GOF (with hold, follow, charge commands) ..
Read some books and talk to people. Enjoy the intricate gameworld lore. And Start one of the many main quests, etc..

Your characters will slowly grow old, get married, get injured or lose some limbs, and retire or die.
Then you can choose one of your sons/daughters (or any next of kin) to succeed you and the game goes on indefinitely.

Dude, that would be like so awesome.. :cheers

Also, I might be mistaken about killing that unique captain thing.
heck! it's not even female when I took a closer look at it in the tavern.. lol..
Darn this dark screen!!1!

Back