• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[Help] Location of some gifts quests - Lagoon near Portobelo

Primewalker

Landlubber
Hello guys.

I'm new playing this game and on this forum. I've found trouble to completer some quest i searched for solutions and got to finish them but... theres a quest i cannot find the way nor an topic about this exactly.

It's about thje Location of some gifts quest, i'd recieved this on my log about the item after i answered to the man asked me in Cumana. He said a statue that helps to more easely repair the ship is located on laggon near Portobelo. Ok, at first stoped at Portobelo with my 4 ships filled with gold and silver from a big loot i've got open seas. I've started to search in the jungle around Portobelo and Panama for that lagoon... even into that abandoned mines were searched, all the shores were visited as well, nothing about any lagoon. So i see a place called Chirico Lagoon that's near Portobelo, i though i got the place but... when i finally realized that that are the correct place to find that statue after i moor my ships i pass by the first section on the second section there are two ways to go but all of them are CLOSED i cannot go further! So i cannot found any lagoon even on Chirico Lagoon. Someone can say what is the problem with this place?

Please sorry about my pour english, i'´m brazilian.

The statue is not in the jungle. When you're in the lagoons, try walking out left into the water. You may have to swim a little. If you go around the corner of the rocks, you will see some other rocks ahead. Walk and swim through the water to them. The statue is on top of one of the rocks.

MK

The statue is not in the jungle. When you're in the lagoons, try walking out left into the water. You may have to swim a little. If you go around the corner of the rocks, you will see some other rocks ahead. Walk and swim through the water to them. The statue is on top of one of the rocks.

There is a problem MK. When i reach the Chirico Lagoon by sea i moor, then from the shore i enter the next screen/section , only junglçe there are no lagoon but two ways to go ahead but whyen i try to go ahead by either ways it's not possibloe i can't go ahead to the next section withing the jungle. Did you see? I even reach any lagoon ... there are other way to reach them i don't know?

There is a problem MK. When i reach the Chirico Lagoon by sea i moor, then from the shore i enter the next screen/section , only junglçe there are no lagoon but two ways to go ahead but whyen i try to go ahead by either ways it's not possibloe i can't go ahead to the next section withing the jungle. Did you see? I even reach any lagoon ... there are other way to reach them i don't know?

When you moor & are on the shore do not enter the next screen section :no

On the shore you moor at go round the rocks at the end of the shore ( might have to swim ) - you will see the idol on a flat rock surrounded by water in front of you

Lagoon is just the name of the shore you moor at. :yes

:drunk

When you moor & are on the shore do not enter the next screen section :no

On the shore you moor at go round the rocks at the end of the shore ( might have to swim ) - you will see the idol on a flat rock surrounded by water in front of you

Lagoon is just the name of the shore you moor at. :yes

Oh my... now that reach the spot. It's a little ashamed to me because i have found things on this game by indirect ways like that time already . :? It was just as you say, it was a matter of swimming a little aside the rocks a little of meters ahead we can get the visual contact with the object there above an little island... i think it was a language problem because i read as it is in the log: 'According to him, this statue can be found in a Lagoon near Portobelo.'
Man, for me a lagoon is a smaller lake! I was propably a key error that made me miss the location even at the Chirico Lagoon already and to be lurking aroung Portobelo\Panama jungle searching for some water portion similar to a lagoon which used to be just a small lake in my mind! :modding

I got the thing, very heavy to carry this thing, i wonder if i need to go my ship's wardroom and pass it to the carpenter or if i need to keep it myself as the ship captain in order to take it's benefits.

Thank you MK and Talisman for helping on my language mislead. :onya

Well.. i''ve got some problem may be some bug, my logbook wasn't updated with the quest completion after picking the item. So how can i recieve other location of some gifts quests again? As i know as a governor's quests example you can't do two at the same times, you need to finish one to entering another, i don'´t know if it work the same way for that folks answers quests. :shrug

The logbook fails to update after the first two or so.

But the quests will continue coming, don't worry.

Cheers.
buho (A).

PD: Curta bastante! ;)

GOF uses books.

Got the statue today, 35 lbs or kg or whatever and it adds nothing. The "gifts" are calling for a change, that other spyglass I picked in Bermuda was really a joke.

Cheers.
buho (A).

GOF uses books.

Got the statue today, 35 lbs or kg or whatever and it adds nothing. The "gifts" are calling for a change, that other spyglass I picked in Bermuda was really a joke.

Cheers.
buho (A).

yeah i also play the GOF mod and you get the stats from the books & only from the books. but i have a problem ..
i have an excellent spyglass but i can not see all the detail of the ship ( i can only see the mast & the class i think .. as if i had a cheap spyglass )
any hints how to fix this ?

btw. there is also a "gift" quest in port royale

[...]
i have an excellent spyglass but i can not see all the detail of the ship ( i can only see the mast & the class i think .. as if i had a cheap spyglass )
any hints how to fix this ?
[...]

First time I hear. My "excellent" work as intended.

May be your installation glitched or you mixed files from other mod?

There are some other post about the issue in the bugtracker or in the forums?

Cheers.
buho (A).

Back