• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] low hull damage

reder

Landlubber
I was engaged by 7 class pirate small ship.. and i was with 6 class HUGE ship.. i bought best and most expensive cannons.. (1600 each) im 3lvl .. and when i shoot him with explosive cannons.. he just escapes me .. why main battles on this game is on aboard.. why so low damage to hull (mine / enemy)? how to fix this bc at AoP1 i didnt remmember such problems.. (other games too) .. its impossible to kill any of sh1p at this game.. (GoF1.1) Should i remove this mod and try with out mod?

It is not the mod, it is your lvl. Hire a bosun and a gunner as soon as you can. At the start you are not actually hitting the opponent accuratelly plus you have no personal nore ship perks. It gets a whole lot better as you advance. Instead of cannon fights, try to board as soon as you can and capture and sell or keep the ship/ships. Loot, oh my the loot. :ixi

Use GOF 1.1.2, it have some important fixes.

Anjin is right, at rank 3 probably you need a good gunner mate. Anyway, there are some invulnerable ships we hope to fix in GOF 1.2.

Cheers.
buho (A).

Use GOF 1.1.2, it have some important fixes.

Anjin is right, at rank 3 probably you need a good gunner mate. Anyway, there are some invulnerable ships we hope to fix in GOF 1.2.

Cheers.
buho (A).
yes im using lastest version i ask coz.. i done slave take away mission and there were 3 shops witch are impossible to take over (too low damage i hit) and i left my pc for afk for like 20mins (x6) and when i come back i was still escaping and attacking by 3 ships and still only 10% hp was off.. (2 pll on crew) :)
ok im gonna back on GoF and try ur gunners :)

One more question .. i dont see any bullets from my sh1p comming any suggestions? i see only smokes.. maybe there is such modification witch could change projectiles movement speed or smt.. anyways THX FOR ADVICE

I think there was also this GOF mod setting in options where you can change the ship damage from realistic to COAS.
A point-blank broadside usually packs a wallop.

Back