• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Merchat Wind Quest Glitch or Trick ?

fadhlanida

Landlubber
Okey !!

I'm totally getting rich here by doing this quest wuhuuu !!
WTF !!

This is what I want to say.
I know rats usually attack my Cargo during this quest...

But from what I read and focus on my cargo hold amount.
Rats didn't attack the cargo I'm carrying to finish the quest.

When I reach my destination, Everything is all good. No Rat attack on my Quest GOODs.

As I talk with the Merchant, He said Some amount of my cargo is MISSING.

WHAT THE .......

From the start I got my cargo. There was no recent rat attack on them.
Is this bug?!

I found the problem

During this quest, Save Often Before you accept this quest.

What caused you to lose cargo even the rats didn't attack.
The problem is the Merchant...

He said to deliver 433560 amount of Sugar to the other town.
As I check my ship cargo.
He only gave me 424578 amount of Sugar.

That's a big miscalculation there mr.Scammer.

As I tried to make the HUGE DIFFERENCE.
He only had 265amount of Sugar for sale.
And I can't make out the loss between the Amount in Time.

Thus I fail the quest and have to pay 3x Original price offered to me.

So beware before doing this quest...
Save before you accept the quest and check the amount often !
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Question...
________

Is this a Glitch or is he just scamming me?...

This i'm guessing is in vanilla because in the mod we have disabled rats, in less you have found out what we did and reactivated them?

I do merchant runs all the time and in vanilla the only thing that effected my cargo was rats, in CMV3.2 i don't have any such problems and have never had a problem with missing goods.

This i'm guessing is in vanilla because in the mod we have disabled rats, in less you have found out what we did and reactivated them?

I do merchant runs all the time and in vanilla the only thing that effected my cargo was rats, in CMV3.2 i don't have any such problems and have never had a problem with missing goods.

How come =/ while i'm experiencing this. Not that often. But uncommon.

Sometimes when I have 3ships with me. He gave me a large amount of Tobacco.

When I reach my destination. Large amount was missing. Yes, I disable the rat problem. This is quite odd...

In vanilla you will use a lot of rum, so if you get a quest to transport rum you will have problems same with foo. In the mod their was a feature added which is like food, the crew only use so much rum per day but Vanilla was a joke because they would drink it all. For food try having over 20 day's worth of food onboard each ship so that you never use any if you get a quest where food needs to be transported some where. Powder and ammo is another that you might use by accident and medicine too. I alway's carry 100 day's worth of food, rum and for medicine, depending on the amount of crew i will carry anything from 300 for ships with 200 crew onboard up to 600 for ships with 800 crew onboard. I carry anything from 200 up to 1500 units of each shot type, ships with 20 guns i will carry 200 of each and ships with 60 guns i will carry 1000 while ships with more than 60 guns i will carry 1500 units of each shot type. Powder is the same, so when stocking your ship(s) think ahead for the long haul. Have enough food and rum to last a few weeks and enough ammo and powder to fight off any ships you might bump into and alway's restock at each port your visit so that you never need to worry about supplies because some ports you will find don't have the required good or the required amount of that good in stock.

But what ever your ship needs ie, food, rum, medicine keep well stocked and ammo and powder are worth keeping stocked up aswell but aren't so important because you don't have to fire a single shpot sometimes due to your ship been faster or been near a friendly port etc. Those other goods are the only thing i can think of that is making you experience this problem. If you get a shipment of one of those goods buy a few extra of that good before setting sale if you don't want to keep your ship stocked up so high because as a merchant space used is money lost.

Huh, those are about the same figures I have in stocking my ships, save for lately. I've been mainly doing military expeditions lately, so I've been carrying double my normal amounts of shot and powder, plus more weapons.

Don't know if i post this one in a right thread but looks like i got problems with the merchnant wind quest too. I editted the cargo hold of my ship in the ship_init and the weight of goods too. So every time i go to a shop for quest, the shop owner always gives me task of delivering goods with quantities more than 100k (i know, one hell of a pay day). But what weird is in the dialog, he always says " and for completing the delivery, you'll receive 0 pieces of eight". I really don't get it. Does it really affect the quest once you change the cargo hold of your ship and the weight of the goods.
Hope i'll get some help from you guys soon! Thanks!

The fee is proportional to the transported weight. If you set the weight too low the NPC is going to pay you little or nothing.

Don't waste time cheating the weights.

Cheers.
buho (A).

In addition, about missing goods.
I have noticed the Shopkeep will always fill my main ship's cargo 1st and then not fill my convoy ships all the way. As I decided to move all the goods from my ship to the other ships, that was the exact number/amount I was missing on delivery (eventhough they were present on my other ships, he just does not recognize them). So once you get the goods, do not move any among your ships.

I usually move the goods as I don't like to have my flagship fully loaded and never noticed problems.

Anyway, I'm going to rewrite the code to load the merchant ships first, the other war ships second and the flagship last. I'm going (relatively) close to it in my "To Do List".

Cheers.
buho (A).

Back