• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] might have a way to equip MUSKET

smiffington

Landlubber
:nk I was doing the double barrelled musket quest and I noticed that before you get the guy his musket he has reqular "man" animation instead of "mushketer" like all musket wielding characters do. I checked the character models and found he has two models: "mushketerEnglish_1" for "man" animation and "mushketerEnglish_2" for "mushketer" animation. If you set these models in the "HeroDescribe" INI text file you can use both, but here is what I need to know to try to get it to work.

1. How to enable the "equip" icon for the musket.

2. When you equip a cuirass, it changes your character model........ how do I set it so equipping the musket will change the character model and animation?

I'll keep you posted if it will work

:nk I was doing the double barrelled musket quest and I noticed that before you get the guy his musket he has reqular "man" animation instead of "mushketer" like all musket wielding characters do. I checked the character models and found he has two models: "mushketerEnglish_1" for "man" animation and "mushketerEnglish_2" for "mushketer" animation. If you set these models in the "HeroDescribe" INI text file you can use both, but here is what I need to know to try to get it to work.

1. How to enable the "equip" icon for the musket.

2. When you equip a cuirass, it changes your character model........ how do I set it so equipping the musket will change the character model and animation?

I'll keep you posted if it will work

i may be wrong but you can wield the musket like normal weaponry... at least my character wields it without any problems... and this bad bad kitty does up to 280 damage! Sad that ther's ant the opportunity to wield the musket AND a meele weapon. But since it can be used a s a meele weapon i don't really care^^

I think Craiggo managed to make several of the characters who couldn't use the musket, use them. But I don't know if this made it into GoF! or not. Part of the reason why adding the musket as a usable weapon in the game not making it into the mods sooner was certain bugs with the interface and the gameplay issue which Darth brings up. But for sure there are some characters that have this ability which may or not be enabled in GoF! Off the top of my head, all the Blood models have this ability, this includes Peter Blood, the Spanish Inquistor guy, one of the French characters and maybe one more which I can't remember.

Ideally, if I understand you correctly, you want to create a toggle which would switch the animation from the standard melee version to the musket and back again. Similiar to when you put a new curiass or clothing, although this is a change in the model, not the animation, these characters still use the melee animation. Another thing to consider is, there might be a game limit on how many "toggle's" the game allows, I haven't tested this out though. Currently the game allows eight? versions of a character model in the hero descrbribe, one is the default, three are clothing options and the rest are the curiass varients but only one entry for the character animation.

But if you can find away, or at least make some kind of headway into the subject, by all means, update the thread :onya

A long time ago I was considering making a musket exclusive character for the CM, I even had the character ready and a backstory but this idea never came into fruition was put aside. Plus I think there was an infinite ammo problem :shrug Kind of takes the fun out of things if you know you'll never run out of ammo.

@Darth

Well, that is the draw back of the musket and it makes sense since a man with a 42" or 48" long musket wouldn't be swinging a sword and reloading at the same time. ;) Generally, during this time, musketeers and the ordinary rank and file soldier were two seperate people. Soldiers in the front with swords, etc and musketeers in the rear.

I envision playing with the musket such as that the player stands behind while his officers dispatch the soldiers. This though does make for more challenging game play, especially in boarding actions where if you find yourself alone or fighting the enemy captain, the musket melee is a poor substitute for a sword.

All characters can wield muskets in GoF with the exception of Blaze, Hawk, Jack Sperrow, Will Turner, Barbosa, Beltropa, Davy Jones, Alexander and all the Girls.!
yes.gif

They can even use the musket with a cuirass equip which they could not even where cuirasses before except a hand full. Now the same but the above can do both! I don't have the correct animation or model to get the ones who can't to do it.

I've known how to make any dude with a musket playable since the first five minutes I started chopping files and modding. I just want to know what file that sets the actions for items I am missing. I know where the itemdescribe and iteminit.c files are, I want to know what file deals with the mechanics of the cuirass and the musket. Something funny I found from my fiddeling though, when you put "mushketer" animation on a regular "man" animation character, it says he is using a sword and pistol, but the sword is invisible and the pistol is permanently in his right hand so when you do a heavy attack it looks like he is pistol whipping the bad dude. :shoot:

They are in the models folder hear:

C:\Playlogic\Age of Pirates 2\RESOURCE\MODELS\Characters

they are named cirass and mush.gm for example:

Espinosa.gm

Espinosa_Cirass.gm

Espinosa_Cirass_mush.gm

Back