• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] movie accurate black pearl

creative

Landlubber
Hey i just installed the age of pirates 2 and a patch. how can i install the pearl that came out for seadogs 2 (potc) and where can i find the files for it.

Ahoy creative, welcome aboard mate! :dance

Have a look at THIS post.

That post only applies to PotC, I'm afraid. I don't think anyone has yet ported the new Black Pearl to AoP2. :shrug

I believe that was what he was asking for mate, POTC was Sea Dogs 2 before Disney hijacked it. I am not sure how much of a change it would require to add it to AOP. :shrug

I know that PotC used to be Sea Dogs 2, but I believe he was asking for instructions on how to install the ship for Age of Pirates 2.
The files you linked to will only work in PotC and are incompatible with AoP2, which is why it needs to be properly ported and released by an AoP modder first.

Ah, ok, my mistake mate, I was confused by the fact that it was posted in the AOP forum. :facepalm

Ok i just ported the new Pearl over, i need to test her out as for the QAR we already have her ported over. :dance

I have just compiled the ship so you can add her to the game overwriting the old BP, it shouldn't require a new game but please backup the original BlaclPearl1 model and textures folders before installing this version as its not been tested ingame yet. To back these folders up go to.

Code:
RESOURCE\MODELS\Ships
Look for BlackPearl1 and copy this folder to a new folder outside of the game folder.

Code:
RESOURCE\Textures\Ships
Look for BlackPearl1 and as before copy the folder and paste it into a new folder on the desktop.

For the desktop folder create 1 folder called BlackPearl Backup, the create a folder inside of this folder called Textures. The BP folder from models should be pasted into the first folder, the BP folder from the textures folder should be pasted into the texture folder you created in the BlackPearl Backup folder. This way its easy to know which folder goes where should you need to put the old model back in, you shouldn't need to but its best to be safe than sorry since none of the modding team will have the old BP version and would require you you to go to extremes like reinstalling GOF 1.1.2 all over again.

Black Pearl 2011 Version

So the new movie-accurate Black Pearl is 100% finished?
And now ready to put in game?

Is there a sailor points file needed, or we can put the old black pearl's file to it?

I have no idea if the ship its self is 100% finished but i do believe this was the release version for POTC, however a sailorpoints file was not present and needs to be done, for now it will use the old BP sailorpoints files till one is done for her.

The new Black Pearl is not finished; and I'm still waiting for a sailorspoints/ship walk file for the new one.

Back