• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Need help with morgan quest.

Sharks Prize

Master Mariner
I'm doing captain morgan's quest line. I got to the part where you have to go from puerto principe to st martin tp intercept a shipment of gems so steve linney can't take it.

Here's the walkthrough I'm using:

8th Mission: The Search for Steve Linney.

Morgan instructs you to go to La Vega to trace Linney, who was sent to investigate the mysteries of the past.

At La Vega talk to innkeeper. He will tell you that Linney left on a lugger with a friend. Get back to the ship and go to the lugger with "sail to" option, and go aboard (before you talk to innkeeper change the flag on your ship to your nation's flag or flag of friendly nation, just in case you're sailing under pirate flag or flag of nation hostile to your nation since if the lugger recognizes you as enemy they will attack you and quest will be broken). Captain of the lugger will tell you that he's seen his ship for sale in Santo Domingo.

Go to Santo Domingo and ask shipyard master about the schooner Swallow. He'll tell you that someone was there and sold the ship (not sure if he mentions Linney) but they left. Go to port control and talk to port master. He will tell you that person in question has left the port on a frigate couple of days ago. Leave the port, got to the map and you'll notice a ship with purple sails - attack it, board it and kill the captain. Captain will tell you that Sawkins is rebelling agains Morgan and plans to attack the Spaniards.

Go back to Morgan to report about Linney. He tells you to go and investigate Sawkins in Puerto Principe. Sail to Puerto Principe. Talk to innkeeper about Sawkins and he will tell you that he's recruiting people for raid against the spanish and that he keeps everything in his log. After this you can either go directly to his office and steal the log from the desk but you will be attacked by about 10 people - if you plan to do it this way, go in, take the log from the desk and get out as fast as possible from both the office and the town since the guards in the town will attack you too. Alternatively you can talk to barmaid, and she will offer you information in exchange for a golden ring with ruby and golden ring with emerald (not 100% sure about his part though since I've done it the faster way). She will tell you that Sawkins leaves his office at night and that you can climb in trough a window. Enter the window and steal the log.

Log says that there's a battleship loaded with gems that sails from Panama to Europe, and that ship will reach St. Martin in about 15 days. Go directly to St Martin. Depends how fast you get there, you should see the ship sailing from south with purple sails on a world map. Attack it and board it (alternatively you can sink it, as far as quest goes it doesn't make much difference since your goal is to prevent Sawkins to get the battleship), and on board in the chest you'll find a huge amount of jewlery (good idea would be to empty your inventory before boarding, since there's about 400 kilos - maybe more - of jewelery in the chest).

Go back to Morgan and report to him. He regrets that you didn't take the treasure but believes you. He also tells you to report to him in a month, and in meanwhile you can do missions for nations - he says that he won't mind. This is the best time to complete (or start and complete) national quest-line because after the next mission you won't be able to do it (check the end notes of 9th mission)

So I go to st martin, sit there and wait (and get harassed unceasingly by other ships on the map), and the ship with purple sails never shows up. The logbook finally tells me I missed it. I have literally tried this 27 times, and I've never seen the ship. Is this quest doable or what?

I'm doing captain morgan's quest line. I got to the part where you have to go from puerto principe to st martin tp intercept a shipment of gems so steve linney can't take it.
So I go to st martin, sit there and wait (and get harassed unceasingly by other ships on the map), and the ship with purple sails never shows up. The logbook finally tells me I missed it. I have literally tried this 27 times, and I've never seen the ship. Is this quest doable or what?
Obviously, it is feasible.
The problem is not the procedure, but the speed.
You need fast ship (I use Blue Bird or Dog of War) lightly loaded, avoid encounters and storms, obviously do not stop, and make a direct route.
Arrived quickly on the East Coast of S. Juan, I save.
From there, I try several times to navigate towards the sea between St. Martin and Antigua: the "Elusiva" is there...

Obviously, it is feasible.
The problem is not the procedure, but the speed.
You need fast ship (I use Blue Bird or Dog of War) lightly loaded, avoid encounters and storms, obviously do not stop, and make a direct route.
Arrived quickly on the East Coast of S. Juan, I save.
From there, I try several times to navigate towards the sea between St. Martin and Antigua: the "Elusiva" is there...

By the time I read this, I had already found it. It was on the southeast side of st maarten. And let me tell you, the game did NOT want me to engage in combat with this ship. Crash, crash, crash. But I do'ed it anyway. Then it did NOT want me to board it. Crash, crash crash. Too bad game. Gonna do it. And it REALLY didn't want me to leave the plunder window, but screw you, crashy game. And it kinda didn't want me to return to map mode after that. And upon returning to jamaica, it didn't want me to dock. And wow was it pissed when I tried to talk to morgan! Oh well. I do'ed it anyway.

Back