• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Need help with the cannon accuracy (and other issues)

BaRawS

Landlubber
Hi,

I just downloaded GOF and installed the patches yesterday and my mind was blown, honestly. The amount of work the modding team put into this is obvious right from the intro movies. Thing is, I seem to be having some gameplay issues with the mod installed.

1. The cannons seem to be less accurate even with all the realistic battle mods switched off. I used the dev tool to pump up my accuracy and cannons attributes and it worked like a charm for me but with GOF I can't get the same results and it's bumming me.

2. The wind speed drops dramatically for some reason even with the mod off and GOF seems to tamper with my modded Ship_init file (from GOF) which I edited to turn my ship into a monster since I have to constantly, manually turn the mod options on and off for the edits to kick in.

3. The ship sailing speeds seem to differ between battles and normal 'At sea' cruises with the edits on. At sea cruises are fast but the battle cruises are SLOOOOOOW. Have to fiddle with the options. Basically the same as point 2.

EDIT:

4. If I give my companions the same ship as me (edits on), they just sail around in circles instead of matching speed and staying in formation. They look hella retarded. I should probably point out that the ship speed and maneuverability are high (50+ and 700+ respectively). But this was the same case in the unmodded game as well.

Could someone please help me out with this?

2. The wind speed drops dramatically for some reason even with the mod off and GOF seems to tamper with my modded Ship_init file (from GOF) which I edited to turn my ship into a monster since I have to constantly, manually turn the mod options on and off for the edits to kick in.

I too have noticed this. In the mod options menu is an option to make the woind never go to 0.0, yet with that activated it sometimes still does. Not as much, but it still does it.

Hi,

I just downloaded GOF and installed the patches yesterday and my mind was blown, honestly. The amount of work the modding team put into this is obvious right from the intro movies. Thing is, I seem to be having some gameplay issues with the mod installed.

1. The cannons seem to be less accurate even with all the realistic battle mods switched off. I used the dev tool to pump up my accuracy and cannons attributes and it worked like a charm for me but with GOF I can't get the same results and it's bumming me.

3. The ship sailing speeds seem to differ between battles and normal 'At sea' cruises with the edits on. At sea cruises are fast but the battle cruises are SLOOOOOOW. Have to fiddle with the options. Basically the same as point 2.

EDIT:

4. If I give my companions the same ship as me (edits on), they just sail around in circles instead of matching speed and staying in formation. They look hella retarded. I should probably point out that the ship speed and maneuverability are high (50+ and 700+ respectively). But this was the same case in the unmodded game as well.

Could someone please help me out with this?

1. Shouldn't be because nothing has changed in accuracy.

2. The wind speed without realistic weather on is the exact same wind speed from the stock COAS, so its weird that you report having slower wind speeds. You made the changes to the mods you wanted on before starting a new game right?

3. This was the same in stock COAS, its like the game looks at your position and the enemy and automatically changes the wind direction and/or wind speed so that you have more difficulties getting close to the enemy ship(s).

4. As you pointed out it was like that in the stock game as well, it would require some code to be added or maybe souce code changes. I'm not actually sure how this will be fixed but it is something that needs to be looked into. My suggestion is to alway's use the faster ship for yourself and give the companions ships in order of speed and skill, so that no ship is having to make turns in less you do or you order them to attack/run away/protect a ship or fort.

Ha! :dance If you aren't that good with cannon accuracy, me suggest thou try manual aim and fire, that will give it a better accuracy :doff
However, you'd better be in the good angle, once when I was attacking Cumana, the angle ain't right and I fired 50 salvos and none of 'em hit!!!! :shrug

Back