• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] New Captain in Port

CrisGer

Powder Monkey
OK, RL finally let me order my copy of the AoP CoAS.and i am about to launch.

Can anyone give tips on what to do: re patches, official or unofficial, DRM to watch out for, i am assuming no Starforce on this one? but with Russian companies you never know....and any helpful but non spoilery hints to start with?

Thanks and I have been looking forward to this for a long time. :)

Ahoy and My Salute to all the Captains here.

Install "Gentlemen of Fortune" mod, you can download it from the "City of Abandoned Ships Mods" sub-forum. Check the forum too, there is some material released after GOF 1.1 you may like; they are marked with the [REL] tag.

The game comes with Starforce and that funny DLL.

Starting tip: friendly forts are your friends.

Cheers.
buho (A).

:gday
there new Captain. Well I would recommend to start at the lowest difficulty setting to get used with the gameplay. Also before installing any mod just play a while with the default game so you can see the changes that were made in the mod(s).

Here are some gameplay tips and a FAQ threads so in there you should find some nifty help without getting to much spoiler. A tip that needs to be given is that you save very often since the game unfortunately is unstable and tends to crash often.

That's it for now.
:drunk

Just a question, about mods
when you install them do you have to start a new game completly or you can use your save from unmoded game,?

For GOF you need to start anew, I believe. For RELs, read the instructions files, most of them can be applied mid-game.

Check the starting dates of the REL threads, some old threads are coming up again, but the mods itself are part of GOF and can broke your installation if you apply them.

Cheers.
buho (A).

Back