• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Problem with Blue Bird Quest

Danyel

Landlubber
Hi all,

I'm at the end of the quest and i have to sink merchants ships to win the 200.000
But my problem is when i fire on the ship, i lose my letter of marque, my reputation and my rank/grade for my country ...
And i find persons who inform me, only in friendly country with mine.

Can someone help me to finish this quest ?
Thx for your help

Have you tried flying the jolly roger?

Do you have any mods installed and if so which one(s)?

Which nation are you playing as?

Jolly Roger aka pirate flag?

Your playing the stock game, i've never heard of this problem before which is why i asked if you was playing with mods.

For what I rememeber, you don't have to fire to a merchant ships but to the Blue Bird that is a pirate ship. Maybe you have found another way to complete the quest.

For what I rememeber, you don't have to fire to a merchant ships but to the Blue Bird that is a pirate ship. Maybe you have found another way to complete the quest.

There r 2 ways to keep the bluebird and finish the quest. ! is store it in poirt control (store keeper thinks it is sank) and get 50k normal reward when u hand quest in. 2nd is sink merchants(4-6?) then talk to store keeper again to get 200k insted.

But i have a problem is that the quest log says i need to go get roumor about the mechant ships. The only roumor i get r the 1 that start 1 of those [Easy picking] quest. Do i have to get the roumor or do i just go attack random convoy/random convoy of my nation?

There r 2 ways to keep the bluebird and finish the quest. ! is store it in poirt control (store keeper thinks it is sank) and get 50k normal reward when u hand quest in. 2nd is sink merchants(4-6?) then talk to store keeper again to get 200k insted.

But i have a problem is that the quest log says i need to go get roumor about the mechant ships. The only roumor i get r the 1 that start 1 of those [Easy picking] quest. Do i have to get the roumor or do i just go attack random convoy/random convoy of my nation?
I just play the first option (store Blue Bird in poirt control and get 50k normal reward ) . But, I think that if you choose to attack your merchant ships you choose to became a pirate (you take the place of the old Blue Bird's captain), so I would not surprise if you loose letter of marque and became hostile to all nation.... It's a choise.

Jolly Roger aka pirate flag?
Yep, i'm trying all flags, but no way.
The merchant ship always stay friendly ... but all others ships or forts became enemy (if i choose a pirate flag or enemy)
I'm trying some tests, and i'm only find rumors in british ports ... but is friend with french. (if is spain, there is no problem because it's enemy to french nation)

Thx for your infos luke

No problem bud, i have done this quest twice but with mods installed and both times i flew the English flag and had no problems.

well i have another problem.i cant find the merchant at port de prince.his name according to my logbook is john norton but the stores manager name at port den prince is different... any ideas where to find the merchant?

well i have another problem.i cant find the merchant at port de prince.his name according to my logbook is john norton but the stores manager name at port den prince is different... any ideas where to find the merchant?

Note that the second mechant is at Puerto Principe - the pirate settlement on Cuba, not Port-au-Prince in Hispaniola. Perhaps that's the confusion?

Note that the second mechant is at Puerto Principe - the pirate settlement on Cuba, not Port-au-Prince in Hispaniola. Perhaps that's the confusion?

yes that was the problem after all thnx mate!

Back