• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Ship Abilities

Zito

Landlubber
Hey

I've just started playing AoP 2 CoAS after I have played through the PoTC game, and I have a problem or a question actually.

When I gain "Ship Abilities" with Peter Blood ( Which is my character atm ) which should I choose, or rather which can I use at all? I read on all of the skills in the list, and most had the description " only works if u assign a ......... that has the skill". The only exception was the flag skills, which I think is useless. The rest of the skills in the list was for Cannoneer, Navigator, Bosun etc. etc. but no skills for captain?? so in other words unless I don't wan't to be a captain anymore with Peter Blood, then and only then can I use the ship ability skills that I assigned to him??? doesn't that defeat the point of the game? or is it even possible?

That's how I undestand the function / disfunciton of the ship abilities for Captains, but please correct me if I'm wrong ( i hope that i am :p )

Oh, and thanks for taking into consideration that i'm a total newb in this particular game. ;) hehe

-Zito

Check my post here: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17754-help-new-player-having-a-hard-time/

Flags are one of the most important perks your char can have, and only the main char can have them.

Cheers.
buho (A).

Hey

I've just started playing AoP 2 CoAS after I have played through the PoTC game, and I have a problem or a question actually.

When I gain "Ship Abilities" with Peter Blood ( Which is my character atm ) which should I choose, or rather which can I use at all? I read on all of the skills in the list, and most had the description " only works if u assign a ......... that has the skill". The only exception was the flag skills, which I think is useless. The rest of the skills in the list was for Cannoneer, Navigator, Bosun etc. etc. but no skills for captain?? so in other words unless I don't wan't to be a captain anymore with Peter Blood, then and only then can I use the ship ability skills that I assigned to him??? doesn't that defeat the point of the game? or is it even possible?

That's how I undestand the function / disfunciton of the ship abilities for Captains, but please correct me if I'm wrong ( i hope that i am :p )

Oh, and thanks for taking into consideration that i'm a total newb in this particular game. ;) hehe

-Zito

in the short vesion , you pick the skills you want .. you can hire officers ( doctors,bosuns,carpenters etc. ). to make a skill active you or your officer must have it .. so if you hire a officer with the " light repair " ability and appoint him as a carpenter , then you dont need to pick that skill because you got if from your officer.

btw. flags are not useless you should always have a flag from your "enemy" so you can sail into enemy cities ( with trading license ofc )

the best thing to do is to pick the bosun & medic skills 1st because you will capture a lot of ships & you will reduce the damage dealt to your crew.
+ then you dont have to recruit a bosun or a doctor.

I disagree about the bosun perks.

Bosun needs a lot of perks, better having a bosum mate and letting him use his own points to complete all the bosun perks. With the Experience Exchange perk and normal naval activity (you are not a land-worm) the bosum will grow reasonably faster.

Getting a bosun with Musket Volley is a very good move, because Musket Volley needs a point in the God of Death perk, useless for a bosun and, moreover, having it sooner is a sizable advantage.

Doctor, on the other hand is a very good choice. If the idea is saving two officers I'll go for doctor and purser (trasurer), two perks each. Purser is little needed, though.

Cheers.
buho (A).

Back