• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help [help] Ship Controls

nankura

Landlubber
hey guys

One thing ive noticed about the AoP series, though i remember it was a little easier on AoP Cari tales, is the ship controls feel extremely "manual". now im not after ezmode controls. its just i came from games like Voyage Century and Pirates of the burning sea, were you sort of select a target and go from there

To get any effecient battle i have to go into first person, run to the turret, shoot. then go back to third person and steer the ship. and repeat, i was wondering if theres anyway to improve controls so i can stay in third person, like select a ship then fire. or something like that

You don't need to go into 1st person to fire. Your space bar will auto aim and fire when you push it if you are in range with the appropriate ammo and loaded. When you have low skills or no cannoneer, often it will not work well until you work your way up a little.

MK

You don't need to go into 1st person to fire. Your space bar will auto aim and fire when you push it if you are in range with the appropriate ammo and loaded. When you have low skills or no cannoneer, often it will not work well until you work your way up a little.

MK

This raises a question for me. Does the main character use their accuracy skill when firing from 3rd person w/ space bar or is it the chief gunners accuracy? I am level 38 now and my cannons and many other skills are maxed out at 100, but my accuracy is at 76 or so. Does your personal accuracy go up faster if you fire more from the 1st person view?

I am sure that the way I have my capabilities divied out has something to do with this as well but I would still like to know the answer to the above questions.

Back