• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Skill question

Bludd

Landlubber
Hi
I have question about how exactly work skills our main protagonist have and his officers. I mean when im choosing skills during lvl up some of them are green (officers got them), and there is something like "skill available affter having crew mate with skill (or something like that ;p)" Whats that mean exactly ?
Is that mean skills my officer have work only when i got them to ?. In other hand if i got skill (musket volley) that my for example Bosun donnt have its work or it work only if we both have it ?. Its maybe a noob question but im not sure about this ;p.

Ps. Sorry for my english its not my native language.

This description is a bit misleading but it's simple. In order to obtain certain skill you either your appropriate officer has to have this skill (personal skills don't count).

:gday

I share the same askiing anda language problem as him... he want to know about the Ship skills you need to have at the same time a certain office had in order to make this works on your ship. Like if you has the skill 'quick reload' ingame tip says this skills is only avaliable if you have a canonner that has that same skill. What we want to know is if our captain must to spend skill points on the same skills your officers already have to make this skills work on our ship.

I have a Brig, now i just pick the skill 'Super Sails' for my captain but it says that works if an officer has the skill, it seems to say that if the officer has the skill but my caption doens't the skill are useless if only the officer alone or my captain alone, them both need to have and that officcer must be on their function in order the skill to work. right?

My opinion only.... (I have not been able to verify this in the code) however, from many hours of gameplay and experimenting I think the following statement is true:

I believe the game uses the highest number. If you have a higher skill than your officer, it defaults to your skill rather than the officer's. If your officer has a higher skill than you in that specifically assigned crew position, than his number will be used by the game.

This is why I routinely rotate officers out of their position when I obtain greater skill than them and recruit new officers with better numbers. The higher you level up, the more officers with much higher skills you will find in the taverns.

MK

:gday

I share the same askiing anda language problem as him... he want to know about the Ship skills you need to have at the same time a certain office had in order to make this works on your ship. Like if you has the skill 'quick reload' ingame tip says this skills is only avaliable if you have a canonner that has that same skill. What we want to know is if our captain must to spend skill points on the same skills your officers already have to make this skills work on our ship.

I have a Brig, now i just pick the skill 'Super Sails' for my captain but it says that works if an officer has the skill, it seems to say that if the officer has the skill but my caption doens't the skill are useless if only the officer alone or my captain alone, them both need to have and that officcer must be on their function in order the skill to work. right?

http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17754-help-new-player-having-a-hard-time/

6th post or so.

Cheers.
buho (A).

Back