• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Some Tips for New AoP2 players

Kronic

Landlubber
Hi guys!

I am new to this humble forum and well i am very impressed. I recently started playing AoP2 and well i love it.

I will admit i did get bored by the game so i went on the internet and came down on this site.

I am having some trouble with playing the game. Its set to lowest difficulty but still when randomly sailing you will find me running from 5 pirate ships.

So i humbly request some tips on the game? where to find some legendary items or maybe even a ship. Any tips,hints or answers would be great!

Yours truly
Kronic :onya

Hi guys!

I am new to this humble forum and well i am very impressed. I recently started playing AoP2 and well i love it.

I will admit i did get bored by the game so i went on the internet and came down on this site.

I am having some trouble with playing the game. Its set to lowest difficulty but still when randomly sailing you will find me running from 5 pirate ships.

So i humbly request some tips on the game? where to find some legendary items or maybe even a ship. Any tips,hints or answers would be great!

Yours truly
Kronic :onya
I'm new to the game and, I have found that if you sit next to a friendly fort and wait for some enemy to attack you, they will be quit surprised to see all those cannons waiting for them, but you have to time the boardings rite ;) so they don't get sunk by the fort

Welcome aboard Kronic and Age of Pirates Fan (AOPF),

That's a good bit of advice about staying close to friendly forts. I still do it even when over level 30. When pirates and bounty hunters are curious about you and come in a little too close for a better look, its always heart warming knowing the thousands of pounds of iron they are receiving in return for their stupidity. Make certain to furl sails on companion ships when they have their broadside pointed towards the enemy. This way you can go after them without worrying about any stupid actions on the part of your companion captains.

My best advice is to look around here at the already existing tips threads and walkthroughs. Skodarap has an excellent walkthrough posted that covers many of the missions/quests.

Trade lots to get money when you start out and fight everyone you can to gain experience. Caves and skeletons offer many opportunities. Save lots. You should quick save F6 everytime you leave any building or port.

I love this game too. I'm totally addicted actually. Although I am looking forward very much to the new POTC build 14 beta2.

MK

Back