• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] Street encounters quests

Primewalker

Landlubber
:gday

Well folks... it seems i get into some trouble. There that quest called Austin quest when some men appears in some cities streets convincing you to go see something on dungeons with them. I've managed to kill two of these killers two times, after killing the second an certain guy talk to me about this Austin guy... after this i could not to recieve any more meetings like that on the streets... i've searched the dungeon for this third guy but i cannot find him there... for some reason quests like answering quetions, and all other type of questsgiven by people in streets ceased to come...

Did someone knows what can it to be?

:gday

Well folks... it seems i get into some trouble. There that quest called Austin quest when some men appears in some cities streets convincing you to go see something on dungeons with them. I've managed to kill two of these killers two times, after killing the second an certain guy talk to me about this Austin guy... after this i could not to recieve any more meetings like that on the streets... i've searched the dungeon for this third guy but i cannot find him there... for some reason quests like answering quetions, and all other type of questsgiven by people in streets ceased to come...

Did someone knows what can it to be?

try the walkthrough guide...
its in the forum ...

already tryinbg things i see on Skodarap's walkthrough but exactly there i can see about new killers appearing on the cities after you on Austin quest. thare are no more of these apeparing, also no more citizens doing quizes nor asking you to rescue find someone... i don't know why... may be i waived that Austin quest. After the third guy none happened more...

I've found another problem. A certain shore of Mosquito north from Santa Catalina a guy appear to speak but nothing happens and the game crashes qhen you try to continie eith the conversation, i could not to read anything, doens't appear also a word. :modding

I've found another problem. A certain shore of Mosquito north from Santa Catalina a guy appear to speak but nothing happens and the game crashes qhen you try to continie eith the conversation, i could not to read anything, doens't appear also a word. :modding

This is the start of the Tenochtitlan quest. If you are playing the Vanilla game ( without mods ) -then there is a bug that causes this( no words in dialog box)

To fix this bug see this post --- >> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/16366-tenochtitlan-full-walkthrough/page__view__findpost__p__374560

Thank you Talisman. I'll to check this soon.

for now the exact point i've got a toruble is with the killers after the thir guy talks with you in the city... that third man wnt out of the city, i went to the cave after these third guy but i cannot find him. as i could read about this quest thsat third guy just speaks with you after this you will go to meet the other killes, but a lot of ddays had passed i've talked that one and no more killer appeared on the 3 spanish cities appointed as places for them to appear. Of course i'm playing as Espinoza.

The 3rd killer you meet - you should just talk to in the town ( no need to go a cave ) - the last 3 killers ( in the towns you have still to go to ) if they are not walking arround town when you arrive there - spend the night in the tavern & walk arround town the next day talking to everyone & they should be there.

Might have to spend a second night in the tavern - but they should be walking arround the towns. :shrug

The 3rd killer you meet - you should just talk to in the town ( no need to go a cave ) - the last 3 killers ( in the towns you have still to go to ) if they are not walking arround town when you arrive there - spend the night in the tavern & walk arround town the next day talking to everyone & they should be there.

Might have to spend a second night in the tavern - but they should be walking arround the towns. :shrug

Sure mate... i will relay on it.

so, i've just arrived at the shore for that bugged quest you spoke above. I've made the changes on the text files now the quest seems to work, as i know thsi quest is a hot one, i will work on them just right now! :dance

If you are playing vainilla you are asking for trouble, mate.

GOf 1.1 is not bug-free by any means, but at least most quests are working. Well... just now you have your game going and GOF is not save game compatible, you need to start your game again... guess we'll welcome you to GOF 1.2 for your second game ;) .

Cheers.
buho (A).

If you are playing vainilla you are asking for trouble, mate.

GOf 1.1 is not bug-free by any means, but at least most quests are working. Well... just now you have your game going and GOF is not save game compatible, you need to start your game again... guess we'll welcome you to GOF 1.2 for your second game ;) .

Cheers.
buho (A).

Man.. i'm seriously thinking on going straight to picking mods and install on everygame i play even before try the vanilla version of them... all the time mods seems to bring better gameplay experience.

BTW i have a hope to find a way to get these killers after me again and get the naval quizes again them seems disappeared also after i answered one of these and found the item being helped as you can see at my first topic.

Man.. i'm seriously thinking on going straight to picking mods and install on everygame i play even before try the vanilla version of them... all the time mods seems to bring better gameplay experience.
[...]

That is what I do everytime I can. Temple of Elemental Evil is unplayable without the Co8 guys mods, World of Warcraft is 100x better with the players-made addons, the best of Neverwinter Nights are the player-made adventures and on-line servers... you get the image.

Throw in the mix Jagged Alliance II: the best game ever IMO. It doesn't need any addon or mod to be an awesome game... but at some point you played it 100 times (at least I played it 100 times) and you mastered it in any possible difficult or way. Then there come the modders and you have four new, challenging games based in the good, old and enjoyable JA2.

If the game have mods, installing them from start is probably the most wise way. ;)

Cheers.
buho (A).

Oh my! :drunk

Thare are something that can beat Jagged Alliance 2? It´s one of the most brilloaint games i ever played i can also say. Meand my brother spent some yers on this game... Really is a incredible game for sure, i played one of its mods, have some problemas with bugs, but nothing without solution... so you say your mod is some way yet more similar to JA2? I see similarities with JA2 insome game options like "Hardcore Mode" for a example. I've played many games, Jagged is really marvelous, but this one battles a fierce competition with limit yet fantstic Front Mission (SNES) and the simple but genial Outpost 2.

I could not manage to play hardcore on JA2, it showed too hard to me... in CoAS i think i cannot to play also this at hardcore, just on C&C Generals i was able to beat CPU on hardest dificulty level...

Well.. let's see what happens in my game here, perhaps having too much quests of that type in open may cut you from receiving more.

Back