• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

"Help the Church" tweaks

Grey Roger

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
You've been given the naughty letters by Gilbert Ballester, then you demand money from Father Jerald, honour the deal, and say you're giving him the letters. The letters are still in your inventory. When you return to Father Bernard, you can choose whether to say that Father Jerald is innocent or guilty. Father Bernard asks if you have evidence, you show him the letters, and the dialog is the same as if you had kept them.

I've modified "Father Jerald_dialog.c" so that if you say you're giving him the letters, you lose them right there. Father Bernard gets a couple of extra dialog lines if you're reporting back without them.

Also, in the stock game, the questbook entries after you first talk to Gilbert Ballester and then to Nadine Jensen seem to assume that Father Jerald is guilty, and it's up to you to investigate further and prove otherwise. In the modded game, there are blatant hints that you are suspicious and want to investigate further. I'm putting the stock version back, though as additional lines rather than replacing the new version. The quest will then pick the new version if you're playing on "Landlubber" or "Mariner" difficulty, and the original version if you're playing on "Seadog" or "Swashbuckler" difficulty. Less experienced players get the full hint, more experienced players have to figure it out for themselves.

Attachments

• Church help.zip
    32.8 KB · Views: 119
In the modded game, there are blatant hints that you are suspicious and want to investigate further. I'm putting the stock version back, though as additional lines rather than replacing the new version. The quest will then pick the new version if you're playing on "Landlubber" or "Mariner" difficulty, and the original version if you're playing on "Seadog" or "Swashbuckler" difficulty. Less experienced players get the full hint, more experienced players have to figure it out for themselves.
I like that!
Very cool. :onya

Back