• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help [HELP] The Legendary Trasure Fleet

Theryon

Landlubber
I have a problem and I dont know if this is from GoF or something else.
I found the "Legendary" treasure fleet I hopet to fight mow's and class 1 shipps with 100+ cannons and big merchant ships with tons of gold and all that :? I whas thinking the fight will be the biggest one I had, and the loot oh the loot will flow in rivers of gold ( and maybe silver) I will not have enough room to store even with 5 ships. Countless hours of preparation and save/load taken so everything will be perfect for my biggest heist of my career.

But guess what! Instead of the above I found 9-10 ships mostly lvl 4and above, not one lvl 1,2 or even 3 ship, I fought mostly traders, when big ass military squadrons surrender to me but this merchants fought to theyr last dieing breath (embarrassing) and on top of that all the ships except for 1 are immune to grapes :modding I had to bored them all. I have 100 to cannons and accuracy and all the perks for cannons, eh I have almost all the perks in the game and very good officers. After all the that trouble I gatherd 800-1000 gold and silver :modding I get more if I raid a merchant convoy. :modding
You got to understand that I raid punitive expedition ships (successfully) when I am bored, with a full upgraded Black Pearl (lvl 4 ship and not the best in the game) and Arabella but this battle whas hard because I had to board 10 ships with one single ship because my 32 caliber cannons cant do a single thing to a couple of merchant ships and some (lvl 4 and above) military ones. Not one single ship had more then 600 man on board.

Is this a bug from GoF or intended feature?

The possible immune ships is a bug we're working on. As for the haul and the ships you encountered, I'm not certain on this; as far as I know, we haven't modded anything from the gold fleets.

The treasure fleets are pretty pathetic, it's one of the features of CoAS I was very excited about at first, but very disappointed in. You are correct Theryon, you can usually get a better haul just by going after merchant fleets. I guess Seaward figured that if they gave you too much loot, it would ruin the game for you. I would much prefer an absurdly hard actual epic fight that payed off big in the end if you were successful, but the AI isn't near smart enough to give you a fight even close to epic in scale.

Military convoys aren't really that much harder to take down either, unless you go after one in one of the smaller ships like a sloop or brig, then it can bee quite challenging! I keep hoping one day some developer will match the epicness that was Sea Dogs, but year after year and game after game, I keep being disappointed. :modding

I know there is a file that holds some information about treasure fleets but I don't know if you can determine what ships spawn or how much the haul in that file.

The Treasure Fleet should really contain a treasure.
I usually roleplay as much as possible. I play Peter Blood and I dont engage in slave trade, first I dont like that there is no feature that lets you free them or abolish slavery in some places and second Peter was a enslaved so he knows first thing about that and he dosnt like it and it makes sense he will not engage in that sort of activities. With every mod I hoped there will be a feature that lets you free the slaves. As the money goes, well I play with mod options like lower prices and I dont raid merchant convoys (did that a couple of times to see what I can get) except treasure fleet. I really hate the companions retarded sence of loyalty and the whey they see things. When somebody atacks me then I have the right to sink, board, capture the enemies without my companions judging me, something in what I do must be neutral and if not well at least in the spirit of camaraderie they will look away. Somebody is a captain for a reason you look at him for guidance and decision making, that lets you drink your rum in peace and not stab him in the back for saving your life and everyone's on board. No mater if you are good or bad if someone hits you, you hit back and as for the the "bad" companions, as log as you get things done and get the loot they should be happy. In those times good and bad was not so black and withe.
I play with a setting of 2.5 * to surrender, but guess what military squadrons have the bravery of a rabbit and most of them (in boarding) lets theyr entire crew get decimated then they decide to surrender... dosnt that captain deserve to get thrown overboard without anyone judging you? Pirates surrender much more harder then the military types.
I don't want realistic cannon dmg, no realistic battles (we got undead in this game). I want realistic outcomes when it comes to loot (Treasure Fleet), realistic camaraderie and a realistic way to deal with enemies and slaves...and for god sake I have 16 000 000 PoE and my officers are broke, we need a way to reward the officers with money (like raising the crew moral) to increase loyalty, this feature can effect "bad" officers more in boosting theyr loyalty (this way you can have mixt crew) and you found another way to spend some money. Something must be more rewarding then others. I like the feature in POTC that lets you cut down trees its a small thing but that added flavor to my gameplay.
Here we have a couple of good features that can be implemented for a better and longer gameplay.

You can free slaves, in a way. If you have slaves in your ship and your ship's crew is depleted talk to yourself and one of the options is asking the slaves if they want to join your crew.

Back