• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Help with adding a new ship into game

Captain Ottoman

Landlubber
I've downloaded the ships of HMS or like that. If I opened it with winrar, I couldn't see the game folders, so only the files. Also, a readme wasn't included. I want to ask, where do I have to extract those files? And must I start a new game, cause I played it a lot and I don't want to lose my progress. It would be bad :(

Hope to an answer.

I've downloaded the ships of HMS or like that. If I opened it with winrar, I couldn't see the game folders, so only the files. Also, a readme wasn't included. I want to ask, where do I have to extract those files? And must I start a new game, cause I played it a lot and I don't want to lose my progress. It would be bad :(

Hope to an answer.
First, this is the wrong part of the forum. If someone could move this to CoAS modding, that would probably be good.

Can you direct me to the file you've downloaded? To my knowledge, most ship mods that were made here are already in CMv3, but if these are indeed ships that are not, they will most likely be incompatible with it unless someone merges the overlapped files.

Are you talking CoAS or PotC? :?

The right part of the forum is actually storm engine modeling ;)

If you check that forum you will see a guide on what files need editing (if the files are included) to code the actual ship into the game ;)

Well, one could argue that the right part of the forum is the relevant game's technical support. I'm pretty sure that the ship(s) you downloaded either already are or will be added to the CoAS Combined Modpack or PotC Build Mod.

Hope to an answer.
First, this is the wrong part of the forum. If someone could move this to CoAS modding, that would probably be good.

Can you direct me to the file you've downloaded? To my knowledge, most ship mods that were made here are already in CMv3, but if these are indeed ships that are not, they will most likely be incompatible with it unless someone merges the overlapped files.

HERE:

http://forum.piratesahoy.net//hms-bellona-t15262.html

That would be for CoAS.

If you have CMv3.1, then it's already in the game.

If you dont:

The .gm files go in the models folder under Resource.
That .tga.tx files go in the ships/textures folder also under the Resource folder.
The walk file will go in the ships walkfile which I believe is also located in the models folder.

And then follow the walkthrough on this very subforum on how to actually add it into the game

I forgot about that, you have to make the approriate entries in the ships_int file and at least two other files. :facepalm Maybe someone should write a tutorial on this.

There is already a tutorial on the forum... its called porting ships from PotC to CoAS but says all the files that need to be edited and how :shrug

Back