• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[HELP] With installation

number57

Landlubber
hi im very new to this but iv been researching your work the last week or 2 as iv been waiting for my purchased version of this game (age of pirates 2) and been extreamly tempted to downloading the latest version with all the fixes etc etc, however i dont know if i need to download from the first all the way through or just download the latest one and that be everything i need. so if someone able to take couple mins to just point me in the right direction that would be much appretiated. :)

any question or anything please hit the reply button, ill check here and mail box often :)

Ahoy Jackiesparrow, welcome aboard mate! :dance

At the moment, the mod team are working on some serious issues with the Gentleman Of Fortune mod. Since your new to CoAS, I would suggest that you play it a bit first before you install any mods, just to get a feel for the game, it really is quite good stock. There are some fixes that some of our earlier mods off though, and if you really want to add some mods now, I would recommend starting with the Combined Mod until the issues with GOF are tracked down. You can find the info for the CMV HERE! This is just my opinion mate, feel free to ignore me and install GOF if you wish, but you will get a much better feel for the game if you play the stock version for a bit first.

I would advise against downloading Gentlemen of Fortune just yet. There are some very big issues with it that could really sour your overall experience. I would advise playing the Vanilla for a little while, at least until you have the basics down, and then picking up the older Combined Mod, (linked by Thagarr above). It's still a bit buggy, but none of the bugs are game breaking, and it really does improve the game tremendously.

If you decide to go ahead and try Gentlemen of Fortune regardless, You'll want to download the 1.0 and 1.1 installers in this thread, and then the 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 archives in this one.

The default installation path for Coas is C:/Program Files/Playlogic/Age of Pirates 2/ (XP) or C:/Program Files (x86)/Playlogic/Age of Pirates 2/ (Vista/7)
1. Install CoAS
2. Install 1.0
3. Install 1.1
4. Extract 1.1.1 Directly into your CoAS installation directory (see above)
5. Extract 1.1.2 just ike 1.1.1
6. You should be set to play the game.

brilliant this is exacly what i needed lol, i have played POTC back in the day wehn XP was the latest OS out so it ran rather ok, iv had some exp with the amount of bugs and random crashings with thiese engine based games but regardless i fell in love with the sense of freedom to privateer in these games so reall want the best exp ever, i was looking at some of the GOF mod videos and they look awsome (it was like watching hornblower/master and command all over again haha) and having these mods is not crutual to me.

i think the main reason i wish to install mods is for a more stable game, i hate it atm were it just crashes frequantly and unexpected...if there are seprate mods specificly for this ill gladly do that without installing GOF etc... ill look into the combined mod for now though as i done a little research on that previously and say it stabalises the game too.

and i know a little about altering the documents to change starting money so im good with my 2mill gold :D
injoying the game so far though... :D

thanks againfor ur speedy reply

Back