• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Help with New Characters!

Caporegime

Landlubber
I am currently working on an Italian Swashbuckler Skin for POTC, and I have the coding done, the texture done too, but when I test it it uses the Soldier_Fra Skin, not my ItalianSwashbuckler Skin. I used the Soldier_Fra model, but I have an entierly new skin and it aint showing up. Can someone help me?
-Capo

Did you make a copy of the french soldier model and hexEdit it to look at your skin instead?

and in the code for the new character the model has to point to your new model.

There's a tutorial written by scheffnow that details everything rather well in that sticky that says tutorials here. But a basic recap would be...

-copy french soldier model, rename ItalianSwashbuckler.gm

-hexedit ItalianSwashbuckler.gm and change the texture name from Soldier_Fra.txt to something like Itlswashbuk.txt the important thing is that it's the same number of letters...

and then when you add the new code it should have a line like this:
ch.model = "ItalianSwashbuckler"

Hope that helps...

Hey I think somewhere in the sounds folder where all the voices are there are some unused sound clips of an Italian pirate/governer etc. :facepalm

Whenever JackSparrow Jr. Finishes touching up the skin.
BTW, It's not really a BIG mod, just a skin, and an officer to replace Baldewyn Coffier.
I may edit the Dialogs, later.
-Capo

Back