• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Help with Original Installation

Mattimo

Landlubber
Hi,
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate part of the forums for this but anyway here goes.

Okay so I have an original CD for POTC (pirates of the carribean) it's an old favourite of mine I like to install and play every now and again. With the new mods that are out for it, the game is even better. My problem how ever is with CD 1 of the installation. There appears to be a small scratch on the CD and upon trying to install the game it comes up with CRC errors.

This is a real pain. I managed to create an image of the CD using Nero. Although nero detected all these read errors it still managed. I'am thankfully able to install the game with the image of CD 1 how ever during the install it does come up with errors you can ignore. The errors are missing head animation files. Not all of them but some.

I was hoping if some how someone might be able to take the original head animation files, zip them up and send them to me via email perhaps. I would really appreciate this. The game still runs but the animations for some npc's are distorted all over the screen.

Thank you.

p.s I do not need animations from the heads/an directory, just resource/animation/head directory.

all head animations will take to much space... And I don't even know, which heads is original, which is build added... So Post list of files you need... Or simply i suggest that you install build mod on top... there are plenty of heads that are missing, so you shouldn't see any difference.

Only the head animations for a clean install of the game. The head animations in the resource/animations/heads directory. In that directory there is another folder, I do not need anything from that.

At the moment no build is added.

If you want I can try and get a list of the exact ones missing but that will take some time.

compare it with \RESOURCE\MODELS\Heads\ See what files is missing and write list here... Mine is build based, it holds 771 files...

Okay so there are alot more files in I expected but I really want to fix this problem so any.

These files are located in Resource/Animation/Head:

h_sailor3.ani
h_sailor4.ani
h_sailor5.ani
h_sailor6.ani
h_searcher.ani
h_towngirl3_1.ani
h_towngirl4.ani
h_towngirl5.ani
h_towngirl6.ani
h_towngirl7.ani
h_admiral.an
h_anf5ee.rra
h_animists1.an

I didnt realise I was missing files from the AN directory. These ones are located in Resource/Animations/Head/An:

h_blackman.an
h_Sa460.rra
h_Black_Corsair.an
h_Blaze.an
h_Sae1b0.rra
h_bocman.an
h_bocman1.an
h_pid2c7.rra
h_bocman3.an
h_pi8e86.rra
h_bocman4.an
h_Brodyaga.an
h_Of779d.rra
h_Captain1.an
h_Saf420.rra
h_Chameleon.an
h_Ch52bb.rra
h_Chelovek.an
h_pi542.rra
h_Corsair1.an
h_Corsair1_1.an
h_Corsair1_2.an
h_pi9cbb.rra
h_Corsair2.an
h_Corsair3.an
h_Danielle.an
h_depp.an
h_fa3712.rra
h_fatman.an
h_fatman2.an
h_fatman2_1.an
h_Fawn.an
h_fisherman1.an
h_huber_eng.an
h_huber_fra.an
h_huber_por.an
h_korsar1.an
h_Maltese.an
h_man2.an
h_Nobleman.an
h_pirat2.an
h_pirat4.an
h_Sailor1.an
h_Sailor2.an

I'd truely apprecaite any help with this, I really would.

here is an... your list is to big, so I simply compressed all my folder... Don't look at his small size (~200kb), decompressed it will take ~100mb. This archive will have even more than you need.
[attachment=3354:AN.7z]

Heads the same
[attachment=3355:Heads.7z]

Thank you so much for your help.

I still have one problem. It would seem that one of the files im still missing must not be a head or head/an file. I'll try and get a screen shot but in the starting Port at Oxbay and in the town the npc female character animations are still all skewed and flickering all over the place.

Unfortunatly I don't know what file is missing. The install didn't seem to bring this up or I missed it.

Edit:

Resource/Animation woman.an is missing.

Again thank you for the all of the help.

Thanks a whole bunch.

And Maggee, Hello from Perth :gday

Internets been shaped for 2 weeks, been rifling through games to play.

Back