• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Here to help.

Backpacker

Keeper of the code
3D Artist
Hello everyone,

I've played potc for a long time (with and without the build.mod). I'm looking forward to a new and improved game in this genre. so, why not trying to help making one?

I'm a navel-engineering student and make use of programs like Maxsurf, Rhino, Autocad, Solidworks.

I shall first try to make a ship (with all its details, the hull wouldn't be a problem) to look what kind of program, or combination of programs is best to use and later when I'm confident enough with my skills I shall try to make whatever is needed.

Also I play guitar so if needed I might be able to help with some music.

tips&suggestions are always welcome.

Welcome to the team, mate! I have set you up on "3D Modeling" for now. :doff

welcome aboard! I would recommend using the student version of maya (free 3 year trial) for the creation of components, though I'm sure solidworks would be good for the hull itself. http://www.autodesk.com/education/student-software Of course the modeling program is your preference, but thought I'd put it out there. We are currently looking for ships built around the seven years war timespan (roughly 1754-1763) so let us know if you need any help finding plans!

Another Dutchy? We definitely have quite a few people from The Netherlands around here!
Always have done, in fact. I wonder how that can be. :cheeky

That's funny, we had professionals from all over at the conference this year. It used to be more American and Canadian, but it's expanding to become international pretty rapidly. We even had a shcool in Athens send students to participate.

That's funny, we had professionals from all over at the conference this year. It used to be more American and Canadian, but it's expanding to become international pretty rapidly. We even had a shcool in Athens send students to participate.
hmm, I shall ask some of the last years, they might know more.

Hopefully. It's a very good organization to be involved with. The entire US and Canada NA/ME industry is involved in it, plus many others from around the world, so it's great for the contacts you'll make.

Back