• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

hero and real weight (carrying capacity)

apoc

Landlubber
In the game the caracters carrying weight capacity is 280 units of what??? kilograms or pounds???
How many people are able to carry around 280 kilograms or 280 pounds that is still about 130 kilograms???

FACT: The caracter carrying weight capacity is not realistic enough.
SOLUTION: Is to edit the script of hero weight ratio THANKS FOR THIS GOES TO skaparate for posting the following: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/16131-player-carrying-weight-and-character-stats/
thanks to this i was able to play around to find the solution that is more realistic

Age of Pirates 2 / Program / characters open RPGUtilite
real weight in pounds
find the line
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
int iBonus = 0;
if (IsCharacterPerkOn(_chref, "Grus")) iBonus = 30;
//îïàñíàÿ ðåêóðñèÿ åñëè ïèñàòü GetCharacterSPECIAL
iBonus = iBonus + CHAR_ITEMS_WEIGHT + GetCharacterSPECIALSimple(_chref, SPECIAL_S)*(GetCharacterSPECIALSimple(_chref, SPECIAL_E) + 12 - MOD_SKILL_ENEMY_RATE);
return iBonus;
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and replace with this
int iBonus = -49;
if (IsCharacterPerkOn(_chref, "Grus")) iBonus = 30;
//îïàñíàÿ ðåêóðñèÿ åñëè ïèñàòü GetCharacterSPECIAL
iBonus = iBonus + CHAR_ITEMS_WEIGHT + GetCharacterSPECIALSimple(_chref, SPECIAL_S)*(GetCharacterSPECIALSimple(_chref, SPECIAL_E) + 1 - MOD_SKILL_ENEMY_RATE);
return iBonus;

now we have more realistic carrying weight capacity in pounds (why in pounds? because: 1kilo is 2.2pounds and u can not enter the
weight in the items like 0.01 but only one decimal number like 0.1 so more accuate scale is possible with using pounds).

So i am asking the moders to consider for adding this to the game mod GOF, but u still must define the realistic items weight in the:
Age of Pirates 2 / Program / ITEMS initItems

I would like to thank all that are working on the MODS for the game and making it all possible, very nice job for making a good game even BETTER!!!

The latest version of GoF! is almost ready for release so I don't know if this will make it into that version, but it's a very interesting proposal!

Back