• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Hero or Bloody Assassin?

Captain Frosty

Landlubber
My personal attitude is that bloody assassin is way better. As the game itself says in the training messages at the beginning the good is forgotten much faster than bad. There are much more pros for bloody assassin reputation. It´s good when everyone fears you. Because then nobody wants to start problems with you. Even bandits in the jungle when they talk to you and you send them to hell they start running away from you like from daemon :cheeky Smuggling is way better. You sell contraband, patrol comes, you send him to hell and he just says he will complain and leaves with his soldiers (no trouble at all and no sharing money with him). And it´s even easier to keep officer´s loyalty pumped up when he is bad person too.

So what do you folks say? :) What are your reputation like?

Whaaaat. You get let off the hook if you're a bloody murderer? :urgh No "that's illegal, but we'll let it slide this time because you've done so much good for our town and our governor is clearly an idiot to have banned the trading of food in the first place anyway", no sir! "Into the dungeon with you, noble hero! But that guy over there, he's a notorious outlaw who eats newborn kittens for breakfast, him we'll leave alone!" :facepalm

Yeah it goes like that :D...

I remember when I first encountered this. I was a good guy. Then I went and robbed spanish convoy full of slaves. My reputation decreased to bloody assassin because meanwhile a was heading back to Tortuga I had to solve some matters. I thought to myself that I repair it fast. But then I sold about 5 000 slaves in Tortuga. The head of the patrol came to me and there was an option to send him to hell. I don´t remember it literally now because I´m not smuggling anymore. Then he said something like this: "I should arrest you. I will complain!" and your last words are something like "Pfff" and from that moment I´m not good guy anymore :D

I remember a long time I got caught by the french patrol and they let me go due to, and I paraphrase it because I can't remember it that well, "We'll let you go for now, on account for all that you have done for us, but don't it again, now leave, we need to kill these degenerates." I was playing that hero at the time but I was wanted by Spain by a hefty bounty on my head. What shocked me was how "well" they handled the smugglers, nearly lost they did. I guess I was lucky.

There is one funny thing about being bloody assassin on captain level. If you have this rep for a month or longer your country puts a bounty on your head for example if you play Peter Blood and have english nationality then after about a month with this rep England will put a bounty on your head. I don't know if it's the same on lower levels.

P.S.
But it must be real bloody assassin which means empty rep bar.

Back