• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Hiding

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
Maybe @Jack Rackham or @Bartolomeu o Portugues know the answer to this or someone else.
I'm looking for an easy way to make the character "hide".
Is there a function for this in place already? For example an LAi template for him to pretent to be hiding or anything like that?
Just need to look like he doesn't want to get seen.
I has to work on multiple locations and I prefer not to look for a locator on each of these locations (being all beaches almost) on which it looks like he is out of view....

LAi_SetSitType(Pchar); makes him sit, maybe like he's crouching.
Animations I don't know.

Perhaps have the guy run to a randomly selected locator and then sit down?

Code:
        LAi_SetActorType(characterFromID("character ID"));
         LAi_ActorRunToLocation(characterFromID("character ID"), "goto", LAi_FindRandomLocator("goto"), "none", "", "", "sit_and_hide", 0.0);

If this is to work in a locator where the player isn't, perhaps just generating the character at a random locator will do.
Use VISIBLE_LOCATORS on the beaches to find an appropriate type. Perhaps "randitem" would be nicely hidden-like?

There is also the "cowering" animation, though I'm not sure that is what you're after.

Back