• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

High priced officers

maeh

Landlubber
Hi :)

Im playing in the lowest dificulty level as Peter Blood (Corsair) and im sailing the quest frigate. I have the two quest officers (Pitt and Ogle) and both of them want nearly 15k every month. A friend of mine has the same setting and pays only 1k. What do i wrong?

One moment please!
I am playing the same storyline and I too have this frigate. At the moment it has 200 men (400 is maximum) and 2 officers: Pitt and Ogle.
I too pay up to 14000 for wages and my trade skill is very high (Does it affect wages?).

This is one of those unrealistic flaws that needs to be fixed immediately!
50 men and 2 officers on a lugger cost 1000 per month.
Let's say: 50 men, 1000 piasters = 20 piasters per man
200 men, 15000 piasters = 75 piasters per man
Was a sailor really payed according to the ship he served on? I don't think so. There were enough sailors during that time so you could hire them cheaply and lots of sailors didn't find work so they joined the pirates, or am I wrong?

I pay 33.000. 14.000 for Ogle, 17.000 for Pitt and 2.000 for the rest of my 40 man.

I started a new game with nearly same settings to test if that was a bug, but nothing changed.

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 145
Assign a treasurer (or have high trading skill) and they ask a lot less...

Edit:
Looking at your screenshot - how did u manage to get 49 medium weapon skill for a fresh character so fast?

It can't be that Pitt is worth more than 320 men!
Officer wages have to be lowered drastically and the crews wage could rise.

<!--quoteo(post=323990:date=May 31 2009, 04:00 PM:name=LittleMorgan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LittleMorgan @ May 31 2009, 04:00 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=323990"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Assign a treasurer (or have high trading skill) and they ask a lot less...

Edit:
Looking at your screenshot - how did u manage to get 49 medium weapon skill for a fresh character so fast?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That screenshot is not from the new game. But i was fighting a lot in caves and against pirates to earn that money i need to pay my officers ;-)

All my trading and other skills are lowered to nearly nothing for reason i dont know so far. I also cant hire a traesurer or any other new officer at the moment. -.-

<!--quoteo(post=324039:date=May 31 2009, 05:28 PM:name=joks)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (joks @ May 31 2009, 05:28 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324039"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Maeh it more looks like its cheated<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I swear i havn't cheated.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 123
Do you play with fast experience-growth? Constantly fighting bandits and skeletons quickly raises the weapons skills. That seems to be normal.

I see some nasty penalties! You have a ship which is, according to Seaward, too good for your character. A frigate is a class 2 ship which means that you need approximately 70-80 points in navigation skill, a very good navigator or otherwise you have to live with negative modifiers. Stupid, I know, but those are some of the game's flaws.
Double- or right-click on the navigation skill box to show a window which explains how much navigation points you need to commandeer which ship.

Buy a ship you or Pitt can handle, probably a lugger. The frigate can be sold (a bad idea, because it can use 32lb cannons) or you could give the ship to the harbourmaster (for 50000 piasters!). You will lose the 50000 and the skipper, but you can use this ship later. It is fast, agile and can kick some butt.
Use the lugger to collect experience for you and your officers. I would suggest trade runs to improve the trade skill (it should lower your crew's salary) and the navigation skill (more navigation = better ships). Visiting storms is a good way to increase the navigation skill and the ship gets damaged (better repair skill).

Okay. I have done some deliveries for merchants and with each, my trading-skill go up and the officer-wages go down a lot! Im now at 6000 for Pitt and will do that some times more now.

And yes. I set experience-growth to 75% at gamestart.

I think that leadership lowers the crews salary...I don´t know if the trading skill does, but I think the higher the leadership skill, the lower salary and ship keep up...and I´ve noticed that you have leadership skill in total (with penalties) 1...wich is disasterous

As others have noted, the reason you have the minuses to your stats and your crew demands such a huge salary is because the ship you have is WAY too big for you.

Get a smaller ship by at least 3 classes and those minuses will go away.

Cap'n Drow

<!--quoteo(post=324133:date=May 31 2009, 11:22 PM:name=Cap'n_Drow)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cap'n_Drow @ May 31 2009, 11:22 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324133"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->As others have noted, the reason you have the minuses to your stats and your crew demands such a huge salary is because the ship you have is WAY too big for you.

Get a smaller ship by at least 3 classes and those minuses will go away.

Cap'n Drow<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I havn't done so. After another bunch of deliveries, my tradingskills explodes and the saleries go down. I now pay 1.500 for Pitt and the other officer.

Back