• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed "High Stakes" should have more effect

ANSEL

Corsair
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
I wonder if the new perk High Stakes work, I can notice any difference having it or not.
In the new menu Background Profession,you can choose: Gambler. But you can only
play a very few times before the gamblers say : you are known as a very god player,or
something like that,then refuse to play at all.It makes no sense and is a shame,you cant
be a gamer. I like to relax ,playing at the tavern now and then,and wish I could continue
whit that the game through.

The gambler says that when he has no money left.
High stakes makes sure you can place a higher bet during gambling then you normally can.
But it would be an idea indeed to have the perk also increase the money of the person.

Please redownload the zip if you did. Made a small mistake somewhere. Shouldn't affect you that much but still to be sure.

When I was at the tavern at Bonaire i notice missing dialogs among the guest.

When I was at the tavern at Bonaire i notice missing dialogs among the guest.
Do you have error logs?

Also removed some rumours and fixed somes which where still using old names and added a few to give attention to new locations.
Just to let you know that we should ideally use stuff like #sisland_Turks# in the rumour_strings.txt file in case towns and islands have different names in different time periods.
That should also auto-update if the player captures a colony and renames it.

Yes I forgot about That !

Attachments

• error.log
    3.4 KB · Views: 93
PROGRAM\DIALOGS\habitue_dialog.c this:
Code:
if(CheckCharacterPerk(playerChar,"HighStakes")) npchar.money = sti(npchar.money) * 5; //Added by Levis
Should probably be this:
Code:
if(CheckCharacterPerk(PChar,"HighStakes")) npchar.money = sti(npchar.money) * 5; //Added by Levis

Back