• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Higher caliber gun on captured ship then max

A.H

Privateer
I just captured a sloop of war.. it says max 12lb cannon caliber.. yet the current cannon installments are 24 lb'er.. is this a normal thing to be found among captured ships? If so then lucky me :D

67.jpg

Attachments

• error.log
    2.9 KB · Views: 121
Well when I captured a new ship.. the inscription says 12lb installed.. but in shipyard interface it says 24lb carronades installed.
I don't see anything on Error log so I guess it's a normal thing.

Attachments

• 68.jpg
    68.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 156
Well in a nutshell the only thing I observed is that the cannon calibers installed on my sloop of war is 24 lb'er.. when in fact the possible allowed caliber is 12 lb'er max. I seen it happen once before in previous patches but didn't notice it in detail until today.

In shipyard interface this is what appears:
67.jpg

However, in another form of interface (while capturing a ship in this case):
68.jpg

This interface is from F2 screen under Ship, then after clicking Cannon section:
69.jpg

The standard long guns for that ship are 12 pound cannons. Carronades are larger caliber but have a shorter range. I never use carronades meself so am not sure if the correct size is 18 pounder or 24 pounder.

There is a factor 2 between the two types, that much I know.

Indeed I think this is by design. Perhaps there needs to be something to communicate that to the player, but I know interfaces are tricky to change.

It is easy enough to find out by going to a shipyard and buying new cannons. There you will find out what sizes are allowed. I could not make it to a shipyard in time to verify it meself.

Back