• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Hire officer from barkeeper not functioning

just curious but if you really remove an character from the characters cellarray/object might that not cause problems with functions which search this cellarray/object?

Possibly. That is why the character's place in the array remains and the code I rewrote does keep the original index and id values.
So the spot in the array remains reserved for future use, but all other character attributes are cleared.

Unused characters, including unhired officers, are now forcibly deleted from the game in this update:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-5-internal-wip-for-testing.24817
That should mean no more huge amounts of officers in the taverns and also no more apparent resurrecting of prior characters.

However, this also involved a rather large change so keep an eye out for officers' names/skills/perks not matching up or any other possibly related errors.

Reactions: A.H
No officer appears now and I'm getting these errors:

Code:
RUNTIME ERROR - file: characters\characters.c; line: 133
missed attribute: entity
no rAP data
Cant create class: error
no rAP data
no rAP data
no rAP data

On a clean savegame playing Jean latiffe on easiest difficulty on arcade mode on jamaica in the kingston tavern.

Looks like one extra character attribute needed saving:
Code:
bool DeleteCharacter(ref character)
{
   // PB: Completely erase attributes -->
   int index  = character.index;
   string id  = character.id;
   string entity = character.model.entity;
   DeleteClass(character);
   DeleteAttribute(character, "");
   character.index = index;
   character.id = id;
   character.model.entity = entity;
   character.location = "none";
   character.location.locator = "";
   character.location.group = "";
   // PB: Completely erase attributes <--
   return true;
}
As far as I can tell, this is behaving itself now again.

@ Levis I also experienced that hiring from bartender.. hired several times a Boatswain and the command didn't go through.. no character showed up.. is there any potential fix to this issue?

@ Levis I also experienced that hiring from bartender.. hired several times a Boatswain and the command didn't go through.. no character showed up.. is there any potential fix to this issue?
If there is already a thread on the subject, it is much easier to use that one for tracking purposes.... :rolleyes:

Reactions: A.H
I can confirm hiring officers at a bar doesn't work for me. Trying freeplay, I got started in nevis, got off the ship and couldn't go back, the icon was there, but it didn't work, in fact a big part of the interface was missing, like fast travel. I did the 5 starting quick quests on my own, in the pirate settlement where I was started, Bot nothing changed for the better. The build i'm playing is 2 june, is there a more recent one?

I can confirm hiring officers at a bar doesn't work for me. Trying freeplay, I got started in nevis, got off the ship and couldn't go back, the icon was there, but it didn't work, in fact a big part of the interface was missing, like fast travel. I did the 5 starting quick quests on my own, in the pirate settlement where I was started, Bot nothing changed for the better. The build i'm playing is 2 june, is there a more recent one?
That is indeed confirmed and already fixed. Will be posted together with some other improvements once I'm done with them.
In the meantime, this is the actual fixed code: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/...eper-not-functioning.25264/page-3#post-511070
Goes into the DeleteCharacter function in PROGRAM\Characters\CharactersUtilite.c .

Back