• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

History Of Old Jack The Crazed Gunner

Walter Kennedy

Bandit Of Barbados
Storm Modder
Greets all! I told two pyrate stories of main charcter Henry King but now it be time fer somethin' different. If you read Piractical Story and Henry King And The treasure Of El Draque you would know there is "Old Jack" the gunner who is massively obessed with mortars and every type of ship handlin' gun there is- from swivels to minions. From 24 pounders to grenado shells. He loved every bit of it. Now let me tell you his crazed story of Jack before he met up with Henry King.

Boom!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz- "Jack get down here for your breakfast!" yelled Jack's young mother. "Alright, alright, alright!" yelled one 8 year old Jack Farrington he was dreaming of firing a 32 pound cannon at cranky old Mr. Luke's house. Young Jack dressed in a small boy's coat, stockings black leather shoes, and a red hankercheif around his small neck. Jack ran down the stairs ignoring his grumpy father who at the time was grumblin' I hate my life, I hate my life, I hate my wife, I'll fall upon this knife". Jack ate breakfast and raced out of the large cabin eager to get to the Cannon Foundry Of Mr. Hudson

When Jack arrived Mr. Hudson was already loading the 12 pounder cannon- Betsy. " Ah my boy, come, come, we have work to do" said an enthusiastric Mr. Hudson. "Okay!" said Jack. " Alright my boy, we've loaded the catridges, the powder, and the ball. Would you like to fire Betsy?" asked Mr. Hudson- " Sure!" yelled Jack and walked to Betsy lighted her and fired her at the Wooden Dummy. It broke the dummy's chest in to spraying spilnters of wood everywhere. " Excellent, Jack your making great progress soon when you grow to a adult you'll be a greater gunner than me" said Mr. Hudson. "Really?" asked Jack." Really"

Mr. Hudson was like a father to Jack- Mr. Hudsons the one who offered to pay for Jack's education, Gunning lessons, and food. Jack's real father- well simple- hated his life. Mr. Hudson was known throughout Virginia as a well acomplished gunner- having served as one on the H.M.S. Godspeed a 1st rate Man O war patroling the european seas, Hudson came to Virginia and opened up a Cannon And Gun Foundry. " Alright my boy, get home, get good rest and eat a good breakfast, we have more to do tommorow" said Mr. Hudson.

After leaving the Foundry Jack went to the docks and watched all the ships leaving in and out- mercantmen, sloops, schooners, the cargo they carried- Sugar, Wine, Iron, Slaves, Spanish goods, and gold. He then returned home to repeat the process. Fast Forward 20 years later Jack had taken over the Foundry.
Mr. Hudson died of fever, and Jack promised to take good care of Betsy. Jack lived up to his promise each day designing guns and swivels for merchantman and Naval vessels- he was paid quite well too.

The Ironic yet Intresting Twisted Adventures!

After several months of working Jack had $7,000. Iron and Bronze was getting hard to find so He employed a few merchants to find iron and materials for the guns. When they failed to return- Jack got worried how would he make guns without the materials? He decided o find the iron and bronze himself. He bought a schooner the William H. Tomoka and with 19 men sailed off into the caribbean. After much scavenging he managed to puchase a full cargo of iron and bronze and other materials for a full 3 years.

Jack sailed back to Virginia and continued to make cannon. Though as The William H. Tomoka just sat in the harbour waiting for a captain to sail her. Jack grew to like the sea. He went several times on the schooner alone just a few miles out of the harbour and would set out a table a chair, and eat a meal of roast beef, and rum and after studied navigational charts, maps and read a bible. He did this several times and he loved it. Whenever he sailed alone just a few miles out of the harbour he enjoyed every minute of it. He felt truly at peace.

December 23rd Close to Christmas- Jack had set out a tree in the Foundry and put candles and ribbons and bells everywhere. Along with the decor- blankets of white snow were everywhere on the docks, houses ansd plants. The farmers hated it because it runied the crops of corn, sugar and tobbaco and cotton. The citizens and children loved it and played. Jack loved it too, He decorated the William H. Tomoka with red ribbons, bells and put another tree on her quarterdeck. His parents didnt care much for snow so they traveled to Florida.

Jack was bored. He bought gifts, made guns and read. Though he wanted to sail again so he went to the docks, boarded his schooner this time with 5 friends and a larger table set with Roast beef, apples, french wine, and rum. His guests brought gifts and books. After a cheery hello there and there they set sail and dropped anchor a few miles off the docks. Where they could see men, women, and children in coats, sailors freezing their hands off, and captains giving orders to their crew.

Jack and his friends ate and after Jack proudly presented his new gun. I present to you my own 32 pound Demi cannon! "ooh' said his freinds. He showed his gun's unique features, his own carvings in it and his Signature on the Cannon near the hole where you light it it read " JF" Which was his name Jack Farrington.
They gave 3 cheers and drank their wine. They were merry until they spotted an odd sail....

Old Jack The Pyrate!

The odd sail appeared to be a galley- black all over- The Kingston Galley! Jack hurried and ordered the crew to make all sail, Jack then loaded his gun and fired it at the Galley which killed a pirate on the stern. They quickly made sail and endeavored to escape until The Galley fired a broadside of Chain shot and ba shot at the schooner and snapped the mainmast. Jack and his freinds were all imprisoned.

Captain England appeared on deck in his black leather, smoking a pipe. Jack's friends were brutally murdered by the ravengeuous crew, he himself was tied to the mainmast. Captain England walked up to him and said " Ye have, a choice mate, join, or die." "Well then I accept" said Jack. Fast Forward 50 years later now called Old Jack had endeavored with Henry King, and bought many mortars and opened another Foundrey in Bristol which he named Hudson's Foundry .

Epilouge

"You know, the Foundrey is doin' perty well- Henry" said a mostly drunk Jack. " Yes, Jack I know I hear its the best in Bristol, but after tellin' me your life story I have a question" said Henry, "Go ahead" said Jack. " Okay- are you ever going to return to Virginia- the americas?" asked Henry, " Maybe, Maybe Not" Said Jack, and he returned to the Foundrey and fell into a deep sleep wondering if he would return to his hometwon in Virigina.

The End.

Back