• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot Confirm Hitman Sidequest - Bucho doesn't talk

salonikasurf

Freebooter
Storm Modder
Beta 4 19 Nov update + Levis Levelling update.

Bucho doesn't talk after talking to Geoffrey - quest stops and you are locked in his house.

Save game attached.

Attachments

• -=Player=- Barbados.7z
    616.2 KB · Views: 85
Pieter,
I'm not sure what is going on. Just started the game again and went to my latest save to get clean log files. Bucho worked fine. Sooooo, this is not a bug???

I'm not sure what is going on. Just started the game again and went to my latest save to get clean log files. Bucho worked fine. Sooooo, this is not a bug???
It seems despite my best efforts to make quests more consistent and reliable, there are still some things randomly messing them up.
Then reloading and trying again can suddenly work when it didn't work the first time.

In some case, it all seems purely random. But sometimes it is sloppy coding.
For example, not too long ago @Grey Roger made a fix for a situation where a quest would fail if you'd play through it too quickly.
In that case, a character would never get to exit the scene properly and then the next scene wouldn't trigger.

If it is something like that second situation though, some rewriting of the code could help.
But for now, I suppose I can mark this as "Cannot Confirm".

BTW: This is the HITMAN sidequest (aka. Hard Labours of an Assassin), right?
Just to prevent any potential confusion with the Johan Elting storyline.

Back